Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Discontinued Music Man list. October 31. 2015

WillyD is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the explode man View Post
    Hi Willy,

Thanks for the response, but this thread isn't really a good thread on the topic, and you guys seem to keep dodging the question: why do you guys not allow customers to pay extra? Respectfully, the EBMM keeps spinning in circles saying "we can't offer every colour because they don't sell". We get it. They don't sell. No one is arguing that. But what no one is addressing is why you won't allow customers to pay a premium for non-standard options.

As for the paint switching, this is why I asked specifically about paints that exist and you use on other instruments. You guys are already painting guitars with Mystic Dream, why can't I order a Mystic Dream bass? I'm not asking why you guys don't ship Mystic Dream to dealers as standard. I get it. Only black/white basses sell. I'm not disputing that. I'm asking why I can't order a bass for myself that's in Mystic Dream.

Okay, so, assuming there is a reason, like the paint guns for guitars are different from basses or something, if switching paints in your machines and additional setup costs EBMM $300 to change from doing your standard black, why not allow a customer to pay you the $300 in additional expenses plus your standard markup? I don't see where EBMM is losing in that deal or the harm that it does to the company that you guys are evading this option.

I'm not expecting EBMM to take a loss because I'm personally finicky about colours, I just truly don't understand what the problem with letting people pay you your regular margins to allow this.
    We appreciate the interest and feedback. We have not decided to implement custom options or a custom shop, meanwhile we will strive to satisfy customer tastes with our standard and PDN offerings.
    "he played like he was in jail- behind a few bars & couldn't find the key"

User Info Menu

99.9% of the forum members seem very happy with build quality and overall design and playability of the range on offer and to that end it seems that EBMM have got that spot on.
    Maybe the option of custom paint jobs is an area in which the company can maybe increase revenue and also show off just what amazing finishes they can produce, not that they dont already.
    Looking at what other companies are doing and have been doing for years maybe it would be a massive advantage over the competition to offer such an option.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
    We appreciate the interest and feedback. We have not decided to implement custom options or a custom shop, meanwhile we will strive to satisfy customer tastes with our standard and PDN offerings.
    Thanks Willy. I think steevo sums it up here:

Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    99.9% of the forum members seem very happy with build quality and overall design and playability of the range on offer and to that end it seems that EBMM have got that spot on.
    I'm definitely good on the quality of the instruments, but just having some more paint options would be nice. Like, it would be really nice if I could get a Sterling in Arctic Dream or something. This is a finish that's already in the shop use on the Majesty, which again is why I don't see why it could be applied to a different body.

I get the point about not being able to get into true customs, and that's fine, the infrastructure isn't there and the company isn't at a place where it could do it. But, having more options on the paint would be my jam. I've been waiting, money in hand, for a finish that I like that's actually on the Sterling so I can buy another one. It's frustrating because it's been years.

User Info Menu

I have a proposal for EBMM that could help resolve the color option issue.

For one month a year, through the Premier Dealer Network, allow customers to order any current EBMM color on any current EBMM guitar. Be strict regarding order deadline, only allow color changes, no returns, etc.. Then, at the end of the order period, EBMM will have a known inventory to cover those orders and wonít have to purchase a single additional screw or gallon of paint. This will give customers the color choice they want and will allow EBMM to sell gear to the cash-in-hand, yet color specific customers. Afterwards, itís back to normal for the rest of the year. This way EBMM controls costs, sells gear at a premium, customers get their colors, and the premier dealer get a sale.

User Info Menu

Buy it and paint it yourself
    Local257, 1963

JP 15
    Peerless MT Maestro
    Majesty
    Parker Mojo
    Parker Delux
    Tele
    Ibanez GB10
    Gretch CG
    Ibanez BTB675
    MM RP112
    Quilter Amps

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin View Post
    Piezo will no longer be an option on the Stingray line. We always have the option to resurrect any model or option for future limited runs. If enough people want it we will make it!
    I really hope this becomes true, someday. After I acquired my piezo StingRay, I swore I would never buy another instrument that did not have piezo, and I find myself in desperate need of a fretted StingRay with piezo. As for piezos being problem children, all I can say is mine is old enough to vote, and she's never given me any problems with the piezo system.

Last edited by amper; 10-28-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Current:
    2000 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq+piezo, unlined, Rotosound RS77LD
    Mesa Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo, Boss AC-2 Acoustic Simulator

Former:
    1995 Stingray sunburst, 3eq, unlined
    2002 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq, unlined

User Info Menu

Greetings to all

It has been forever since I have last visited you. Happy to return.

I also don't get the color thing for existing options. I was at a local guitar shop and I was shown an EBMM guitar that was in this 3D fiery orange. I don't know the color name. Even though I have 4 Bongos now (OK - one is a purple 6 string) I just had to get a Bongo 5 HS in that. The store owner actually called EBMM on the spot but they informed him they would not sell a Bongo in that color.

Why? EBMM has the paint, the Bongo is otherwise off the rack, why not sell it? And yes - I would have paid extra.

- Ziggy -
    Bongo 5 HH - Desert Gold
    Bongo 5 HS - Electric Blue
    Bongo 5 HH - Green Sparkle PDN
    Bongo 6 HH - Deep Purple