VPJr Tuner

Thread: Where can I check out a Bongo 4 in So Cal?

User Info Menu

Where can I check out a Bongo 4 in So Cal?

I am interested in a Bongo 4 HH.

I live in Southern California and, it's not like I have every Guitar Center and other music store under surveillance, but I am at 4-5 random GCs in the area fairly regularly and I have never seen a Bongo in the flesh. I have played enough EBMMs to know that it is a given that the build quality will be superb, but I am hesitant to order one sight unseen and never having played one.

Is any one aware of a bass retailer in the LA/OC/IE area that currently has one (any configuration as long as it has 4 strings)?
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Where do you live?

====================================
    141-DD-76-01 Bongo
    111-L5-5M-01 SR

User Info Menu

North Orange County.

User Info Menu

I think I have owned 7 Bongo's and love them. I still have 2, which are my keepers but the H and HH configurations are my personal favorites. I bought the first one off of BP's recommendations and out of faith and I'm glad I did because I haven't regretted it for one second. If I was back in SO Cal, I would let you try mine out. These basses have the best ergonomics that there is and and very versatile. Less is more with the eq system on these with the 18 volt pre amp. My only negative is the painted necks thus why I sold off my others and kept my BFR roasted neck and my all rosewood neck Bongo's but that is my personal preference and I'm sure some like the painted necks.

User Info Menu

If I still lived in SoCal, you would be welcome to fight freeway traffic and give my 4HH a whirl, but I don't, so you can't.

However- If for some unearthly reason you didn't like the Bongo, if you bought from GC or MF online, you could return it.

(Trust me; if you do, that's not gonna happen...)

I recommend a HH- NOTHING can get as bad-ass and toneful.
    LOCK it in the POCKET

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    North Orange County.
    Damn, I live in Murrieta. Tough drive on the 91 both ways!

====================================
    141-DD-76-01 Bongo
    111-L5-5M-01 SR

User Info Menu

Thanks, folks.

I am trying to decide between a Bongo HH, Sterling HH or HS, and, now, a Caprice bass. I think I will wait until the Caprices hit the stores to try one.