Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutlass & Caprice basses

Caprice....hmmm, I may have something to show you guys in a few weeks.

I saw a Caprice at Bass Central when I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago, and got to mess around with it for a few minutes. Really nice instrument, comfortable fast neck and easy to play. If I didn't already have a great P/J bass I'd be very interested.

1998 Sterling 4H honeyburst lined fretless
    2006 30th Anniversary Stingray
    2014 Bongo 4HSp neptune blue w/roasted maple neck
    2014 Big Al 4SSS inca silver w/full rosewood neck

You have a great P/J but you don't have a Caprice. Right? Just pointing out the problem here.

As always, your logic is impeccable. Nonetheless, I've been trying to teach my kids that it's better to appreciate the stuff they already have, rather than focusing on the stuff they don't. I'm having limited success with them, but the message has seeped into my consciousness and left me largely GAS-free for a while now. Particularly since I am well aware that my limitations as a bass player have nothing to do with the instruments I play. If I had a lot more money, though, I'd buy more gear, and a Caprice would be on the list. Along with an anniversary SR5 and a Game Changer, because why the hell not? But till then, I'll have to make do with the basses in my sig, all of which are awesome.

And if you get a Caprice, I will happily read about it and look at the pictures.

1998 Sterling 4H honeyburst lined fretless
    2006 30th Anniversary Stingray
    2014 Bongo 4HSp neptune blue w/roasted maple neck
    2014 Big Al 4SSS inca silver w/full rosewood neck

I will do what I can. It's all I can do.

I played a Caprice. Its a very nice P/J. One of the best P/J's I have ever played. Unfortunately I am in the same boat of read and look for now. Buy, share, and play on Jack.
    - Alex
    I'm a left hander who plays right handed, so I guess that makes me confused.

SBMM SB14
    EBMM SUB 5

There ain't nothin' better than the old school tone. I like the look and the idea of the Caprice.