Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: Bongo 4 Neck shape - Changes?

User Info Menu

Bongo 4 Neck shape - Changes?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the neck dimensions/shape of the Bong 4 have remained consistent since it was introduced in 2003? (ie: did the width/thickness/profile change any over the years?).

I foolishly sold my 2011 Bongo 4 which was an absolute dream to play and have been looking to replace it recently. I have found a 2003 listed as "mint" (the photo's seem to reflect this as true) but it's a far distance for me to travel and check out and I don't want to waste my time if the "early Bongos had thin necks". The seller describes the bass as having a "thin fast neck". Subjective, I know, but my experience with my 2011 was that although not chunky by any means, it certainly wasn't "thin".

Yep, I'll probably end up doing the drive to check it out but I was just looking for any info on the changes over the years for the Bongo....

thanks for reading!
    I find it amazing that I can play all the wrong notes with such incredible accuracy.......

User Info Menu

As far as I can tell, the Bongo neck profile has been consistent since its introduction.

User Info Menu

Thanks Bovine, that's good to hear!
    I find it amazing that I can play all the wrong notes with such incredible accuracy.......