BFR October 2019

Thread: Active EBMM SUB 4 specs

User Info Menu

Active EBMM SUB 4 specs

I've recently aquired an active EBMM SUB 4, in practically mint condition (yay!).

Since the bass is about 10 years old, and the model is out of production, I've been trying to find out a little more about the actual specs, but the information out there is scattered and contradictory, and even the search function on this forum hasn't really yielded the results I'm looking for.

My question is: I also own a Classic Sabre which has a 2-band preamp. How similar is the SUB preamp to this preamp and to that found on the 2-band Stingray? Is the pickup on the SUB the same as on the Stingray, or are there differences? If so what are they?

Thanks in advance for any information.

User Info Menu

The SUB and Sting Ray both have the same pickup and 2EQ preamp.

I'm fairly certain the Classic Sabre 2EQ is also the same as the other two as it has the same pots associated with the 2EQ circuitry. The circuit board is slightly different as it takes wiring from two pickups, Customer Service would be able to advise you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Trussbroken View Post
    The SUB and Sting Ray both have the same pickup and 2EQ preamp.

I'm fairly certain the Classic Sabre 2EQ is also the same as the other two as it has the same pots associated with the 2EQ circuitry. The circuit board is slightly different as it takes wiring from two pickups, Customer Service would be able to advise you.
    That's very helpful. Thank you for a quick and informative response!