Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Questions about the Audiophile bass rig.

Questions about the Audiophile bass rig.

Hey everyone, I'm an old user here... Haven't posted in probably a couple years but I have some questions for those of you more knowledgeable than I. (if I'm allowed to do that, I forget :S)

About 5 years ago I picked up an Audiophile rig from a guy in Calgary, Canada. The HD-500 head with HD-210 cab and HD-212 cab. (pic included)
    Edit: and the footswitch pedal and road case for the head.

So, this thing rocks. Could not be happier with the sound I get through it with my Bongos. But I need to downsize. It's more than I need.

Is there a demand for this rig or the pieces? I don't even know what it's worth these days. I'd like to give it a good home, but I'm so far out of the loop these days. Any advice?

Also let me know if I broke a rule because I feel like I might have.
    Last edited by BongoPeg; 04-17-2017 at 03:05 PM.

No rules broken as far as I know.

I don't think there's a big collector's market for those bits, which is a shame. I've had a couple of the cabinets and loved them even if they were a bit heavy for a dedicated Markbass guy. I wish I'd kept one, in fact - the 212 cabinet was definitely a favorite, and if I had it to do all over again, I'd keep it just for here at the house.

The amps are great, too. If I were you and wanted to sell, I'd try Talkbass and see what the market says. FWIW, when the cabinets were discontinued, EBMM was selling the 212s for about 3 bills new. The rest of the rig, who knows.

Good to know.

They are fantastic sounding. I just need to be more mobile and the cabs are rather heavy. Markbass is definitely on the list for a replacement. Might even keep the head but I'd rather not brea

If I remember correctly, the Audiophile stuff was all designed by Marco (of Markbass).

This might give you an indication of the Canadian market for Music Man cabs. These have been available for a long time.

Two Music Man (Mark Bass) 4x10 cabs

Let me know your asking price.
    1977 Sunburst SR4H with customized 24 fret ebony fretboard, 1982 Natural SR4H X2, 1983 Sunburst SR4H, 2005 Buttercream Bongo 4HH RW Neck, 2005 LE Buttercream SR4HH, 2007 DD SR4HH, 2007 DD Bongo 4HH, 2009 25th Venetian Red SR4HH BFR RW neck, a couple of regular Sterlings, a few other Stingrays, and a few competitors basses

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    The shop I used to work for sold these rigs when they were new. Fantastic tones man.
    Scott