Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Waitin' On?

Is the BFR 12th fret badge making a triumphant return?

I'm waiting on a fretless Caprice. That bridge pickup is so harmonically rich and full it's just begging for the fretless treatment. But I will be picking up a fretted Heritage Tobacco Caprice while I wait ;-)

Sorry, new to the forums. I'm familiar with PDN, but what's a BFR?

Quote Originally Posted by the_eigensheep View Post
    Sorry, new to the forums. I'm familiar with PDN, but what's a BFR?
    BFR stands for Ball Family Reserve. They are, to my understanding, special editions of instruments with typically higher-end finishes and/or more exotic or select woods. And from what I've observed, they carry a little premium price tag due to the added time put into the finish, or more costly materials used. I'm not aware of any currently offered BFR bass models, but if you look on the guitars page, there are BFR editions of the JP, Luke and Luke3 listed there right now.

At one time, there was a special inlay at the 12th fret marker that designated a BFR instrument, but that's not a constant. I owned one BFR (JP 15) and it did not have the inlay, but the neck plate was engraved with the BRF designation.
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    BFR stands for Ball Family Reserve. They are, to my understanding, special editions of instruments with typically higher-end finishes and/or more exotic or select woods. And from what I've observed, they carry a little premium price tag due to the added time put into the finish, or more costly materials used. I'm not aware of any currently offered BFR bass models, but if you look on the guitars page, there are BFR editions of the JP, Luke and Luke3 listed there right now.

At one time, there was a special inlay at the 12th fret marker that designated a BFR instrument, but that's not a constant. I owned one BFR (JP 15) and it did not have the inlay, but the neck plate was engraved with the BRF designation.
    Gotcha! Thanks for the info!

Crossing my fingers for a Coral Red Bongo 5HH with maple neck and fretboard!

Just pulled the trigger on a 30th Ann SR5 can'wait
    2013 BONGO 5 HSP BLACK
    2011 SR5 H India Ivory
    2009 SR5 HH Natural
    2014 BONGO 5 HH Neptune Blue

waiting for funds to purchase either a starry night stingray guitar or silhouette

Correction, I lied about the Bongo. Totally sold on a Caprice AND a Cutlass. Just need my Coral Red finish to hit the market now!

Waiting on Summer Namm. Hoping EBMM releases more info about the St. Vincent bass and the BFR instruments that are supposed to be available later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    Waiting on Summer Namm. Hoping EBMM releases more info about the St. Vincent bass and the BFR instruments that are supposed to be available later this year.
    Sorry but we probably will not have any news on the STV bass for summer NAMM, you should be hearing all about the new BFRs though.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    Sorry but we probably will not have any news on the STV bass for summer NAMM, you should be hearing all about the new BFRs though.
    Excellent! I'm very interested to see what you folks have worked up.

Pulled the trigger on a Bongo 5 HH in Desert Gold. Owned one about 10 years ago, then sold it after a bitter band break up. Always regretted selling it, and always intended to get another. Now, I just have to wait!
    2000 StingRay 5 H- Black, Maple FB, MHS, Tort, Rounds
    2003 Bongo 5HH- Desert Gold, White Ice, Rounds

Got my SR5 30th Ann yesterday it rocks pix to follow
    2013 BONGO 5 HSP BLACK
    2011 SR5 H India Ivory
    2009 SR5 HH Natural
    2014 BONGO 5 HH Neptune Blue

Ordered my White SR5HH in January on a 6 month wait and time is up so delivery is imminent..it's been a long wait. Thanks EBMM. Giff

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    Was informed that my Classic Stingray shipped to my "local" shop on Friday..... so any day now. I still have a Sterling 5 and Stingray 5 on order too. Time to make the donuts! Mo money mo money mo money!