Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Waitin' On?

Show us some pics, Scott!
    -Ben

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    It is reported by this little app doohickey on my phone that my Stingray Classic has been delivered to mi casa... pics will follow soon...
    It seemed like a dream, they got me hypnotized.

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    It is reported by this little app doohickey on my phone that my Stingray Classic has been delivered to mi casa... pics will follow soon...
    Sweet.
    -Ben

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    ok, Stingray Classic has arrived... now I am waiting on a Sterling 5 and an SR5 in production now.
    It seemed like a dream, they got me hypnotized.

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    ok, Stingray Classic has arrived... now I am waiting on a Sterling 5 and an SR5 in production now.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Coral Red

I know I posted a little bit ago about this, but....

Does anyone know anything about the Coral Red Caprice/Cutlass? I've seen exactly one in the wild, and unfortunately not until it was too late to snag.

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Did you ever know that you're my hero?
    No kidding, eh? I've got to get me an SR5 with an alnico 'bucker one of these days.
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by the_eigensheep View Post
    I know I posted a little bit ago about this, but....

Does anyone know anything about the Coral Red Caprice/Cutlass? I've seen exactly one in the wild, and unfortunately not until it was too late to snag.
    I haven't seen one recently but the build code for the Coral Red Caprice is: 124-93-20-06. I assume with that code your local dealer could order one for you. You definitely can't go wrong with the Caprice...I love mine. The only thing that would make it better would be a mute kit. :-)

- Greg P

P.S. Any news on when the new BFR's will be announced?
    Last edited by GregP; 08-15-2017 at 07:13 PM.

I am waiting on a Stingray 4HH - SLO Special in Powder Blue with maple fretboard. Should be here before the end of the year.

I came back to MusicMan this summer after a year away playing a boutique J bass. You know what brought me back? The oil&wax finished EBMM neck. Humidity is horrible here in the summer, and the EBMM oil/wax neck does better than any finish I've ever had. Once I came back to EBMM, I rediscovered the sound I love, the good looks, the magnificent build quality, etc. LOL. It was a good learning experience playing the other bass for a year, but I'm back home now.

My 2009 Sterling HS has the best neck of all time. But I'm a Stingray player from the mid-90's and like the Stingray sound and look. So... I figured it was time to try a SLO Special and get the best of both worlds.

Purple is my favorite color, and the MusicMan Firemist Purple is seriously my favorite shade of my favorite color. But... I'm not a fan of the matte black hardware - I like that big chrome moon on the Stingray, it's like the chrome on a classic muscle car. And the Powder Blue is an awesome classic looking color, so I went for that.

I had been contemplating a 5-string, but after borrowing one for a couple of weeks and giving it a full go, decided for a few reasons to stick to 4's.

But mostly, it's time for a SLO Special. I think it will be the best of all worlds for me.
    1997 Stingray 4 - Trans Red, Rosewood
    2007 Stingray 4HS - Black, Maple
    2009 Sterling 4HS - Trans Gold, Maple

Two more months to go until my Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black arrives here in the UK. I already own a year old Stingray Classic 4 and my next purchase looks like being a Caprice but I haven't yet decided on colour. I just wish that the delivery process from the States was quicker!
    Musicman Classic Stingray 4H Sunburst with Maple Fretboard and Birdseye finish (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Two more months to go until my Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black arrives here in the UK. I already own a year old Stingray Classic 4 and my next purchase looks like being a Caprice but I haven't yet decided on colour. I just wish that the delivery process from the States was quicker!
    Process is slow in the states as well if you order a new build and are not able to find what you want in dealer inventory. True you have to wait for shipping across the pond, but can still take 6 months to get your bass here.

Quote Originally Posted by GregP View Post

P.S. Any news on when the new BFR's will be announced?
    It's here:

Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man

No basses right now

Looks like 1 in January... don't see any others.. though pics are blurred for future releases so could be missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    It's here:

Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man

No basses right now

Looks like 1 in January... don't see any others.. though pics are blurred for future releases so could be missing something
    It's an Old Smoothie in the 30th Anniversary SR5 package. All of the upcoming BFR instruments can be seen in this thread:

NAMM Pictures 2017 - from "The Room"

2016 Caprice Heritage Tobacco
    2013 Sterling 4 HH Sapphire Black
    2014 Sterling 5 HH Vintage Sunburst
    2009 Stingray 4 Slo Special HH White

2011 Silhouette HSH Candy Apple Red
    2011 Silhouette HSH Vintage Sunburst
    2016 Cutlass Ivory White
    2016 Valentine Trans Buttermilk

Hang on... one bass?
    I mean don't get me wrong, that Smoothie looks great, but I had the impression the BFR's were kind of taking the place of a PDN special this year and expected a bit more diversity. I wonder why so many killer guitars - unless BFR basses haven't historically sold as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kinopah View Post
    Hang on... one bass?
    I mean don't get me wrong, that Smoothie looks great, but I had the impression the BFR's were kind of taking the place of a PDN special this year and expected a bit more diversity. I wonder why so many killer guitars - unless BFR basses haven't historically sold as well?
    Agree. Definitely disappointing from the bass side of things. Was hoping for a Caprice in a cool finish.

I also thought the BFR was replacing the PDN as well. May be the case on the guitar side. Seems PDN is not replaced but discontinued all together from the bass perspective.