Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: StingRay + Trace Elliot V8

StingRay + Trace Elliot V8

I keep seeing this combo referred to, but can't find any explanation of what, how or why. Is there anything intentional about it? Did the companies talk to one another to see how best to compliment the other? Or is it just one awesome coincidence? Maybe it's not even a thing; but if it is, can you tell me why?

I see things like, "My StingRay would sound nice though that," and, "It was almost as good as a Stingray through a V8!" etc etc.

As I have just acquired a Trace Elliot V8 to go with my StingRay. I'd just like to know which settings to use to summon demons.

Lovely amp to go with your stingray
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

HEINZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ox Boris View Post
    I see things like, "My StingRay would sound nice though that," and, "It was almost as good as a Stingray through a V8!" etc etc.
    Wait a sec, I thought all Stingray's came stock with a V8? Sorry, bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by strummer View Post
    Lovely amp to go with your stingray
    Hehe! So I hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    Wait a sec, I thought all Stingray's came stock with a V8? Sorry, bad joke.
    I'm afraid to even plug it in, the hole in the Ozone is directly above my house...

Germany, Baden-Württemberg. South Germany, near to the Lake Konstanz.
    Oh, so there have to be two holes. ....or maybe I caused a second one....

....with one of my StingRay 5 and the Peavey VB 3 I purchased in mint condition this days! I have to say, that all my MusicMan - Basses do sound great with all my amps. But all - tubesters give them some extra flavour I like a lot.

No matter if played over my Ampeg V4b Ri, the Bugera BVV 3000 or the Peavey VB 3, this basses do the magic!

I don't have to talk about how they sound over one of my good old, reliable GenzBenz GBE's, have a 600, a 750 and a behemot, the GBE 1200. And, coming from the same sonical ballpark, a Genzler Magellan. Now, this is a beast of a Class - D - Amp.

I have to say, I would love to have a V8 in my collection, these Trace Elliots are monsters! But rare ones. I just know about three, and yours is one of them. Two of them are owned by members of my german bassplayers community, bassic.ch, as I remember correctly.
    Stingray 5, Natural Finish 1995
    Stingray 5, "Mikki", Trans Orange 1999
    Stingray 4, 3-bd-eq Honeyburst 2005
    Stingray 5 Classic, Tobaccoburst 2010
    BigAl 5 SSS, Blue Pearl 2010
    Bongo 5 HH, Sterling Silver, All Rosewood Neck 2014

R.I.P Mikki
    Play more bass!
    Don't ever tell a bass player he's too loud Sayeth the Lord.