Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Welcom back Joe !!!!! (Caprice content).

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Welcome back, Joe !!!!! (Caprice content).

    Thanks!

    I appreciate it, and I'm thrilled to be back !

    Hi everybody.

    First, the confession: After being one of the most die-hard Musicman/Bongo fans on the planet for many years, I strayed. I got involved in a Zep tribute that required a Jazz bass, got very comfortable with that, and started on a run of passive basses that has lasted a while. I'd break my Bongo and Big Al out from time to time, but had gotten into the habit of leaving my basses plugged in all the time, and well... yeah.

    Being out of the loop over here, I only learned about the Cutlas and Caprice a short while ago - and there was no question that I had to take the plunge. 15 years ago I felt they were creating the Bongo specifically for me. This year I felt the same regarding the Caprice .

    I'm in a new band that gigs fairly heavily (8 to 12 gigs a month) and since getting the Caprice almost 2 months ago, it's become my one and only. I've easily owned over a hundred basses, and no bass has ever felt as at home and comfortable to me as this. It fits my body and my hands perfectly, looks great, and does everything my Jazz can do - plus add some edge to that sound should I request it.

    Have lots of other thoughts regarding the Caprice (and my other MMs) but since I'm just reacquainting myself here, I'll keep it shore for now.

    I'm happy to feel part of the MM family again, and hope they can forgive me for my transgressions.

    I'd post a pic of me with the Caprice, but those that remember me I think don't really want that.

    [edit] LOL, just noticed the link in my sig after posting . Shows how long it's been. Didn't even know that still existed. Gonna leave it.
    Last edited by Joe Nerve; 05-22-2017 at 12:29 PM.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nerve View Post
    I'd post a pic of me with the Caprice, but those that remember me I think don't really want that.
    Thank you for that, and welcome back!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Long time no type. Welcome back, dude.

    Playing my Caprice a lot these days, too - oh, and - the Bongo was built for ME!

    Jack

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    And DO post pictures. Most of these guys have no idea what they're in for.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Hi, Joe! Good to see your electrons! (Hold the photo)
    -Ben

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Long time no type. Welcome back, dude.

    Playing my Caprice a lot these days, too - oh, and - the Bongo was built for ME!

    Jack
    Please re-read my post as I chose my words carefully. And I did so having you in mind (no BS ). I said I "felt" as if the Bongo was built for me. And I said I after being "one of the" most diehard Bongo fans....

    Nice to see you again . And I'm happy we're still both on the same page. I will search for your Caprice threads. Or you could link me to them.

    RE the pictures, I still work in a HS and kids find and circulate pictures a lot more easily and quickly than they did in 2004. Not feeling as safe as I used to about posting that kind of stuff. Ahhh, the good ol days. When we were free and life was simple.

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nerve View Post
    Please re-read my post as I chose my words carefully. And I did so having you in mind (no BS ). I said I "felt" as if the Bongo was built for me. And I said I after being "one of the" most diehard Bongo fans....

    Nice to see you again . And I'm happy we're still both on the same page. I will search for your Caprice threads. Or you could link me to them.

    RE the pictures, I still work in a HS and kids find and circulate pictures a lot more easily and quickly than they did in 2004. Not feeling as safe as I used to about posting that kind of stuff. Ahhh, the good ol days. When we were free and life was simple.

    We were bongo-boys a very long time ago, and dealt with - what that meant at the time. Hooray for us, I say! It's good to see you again, too. I'm sorry you had to play a Jazz bass for so long. (Been there.)

    I am loving the Caprice. Many of us grew up with the Fenders and made our peace with what they were. I'm just so damned happy to have a great passive bass that doesn't require me to compromise

    This is not like your average P/J, is it? I let my guitar player borrow mine for the night. "This is the Music Man bass i always wanted", he said. Yeah, I'm there.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    I really need a Caprice (loving the new Coral Red).
    When I say "need"... I bought the Cutlass and have it strung with nylon tapes as a counterpoint to my SR4H, and it's perfect... but now maybe I could use that middle ground the Caprice offers... It never ends.
    In any case, welcome back to your ancestral homeland.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums