Ultra Burly

Thread: Firemist Purple vs. Barolo Purple

User Info Menu

Firemist Purple vs. Barolo Purple

I am really digging the new Firemist Purple and want to order another Bongo in that color. The problem is, I hate painted necks and if I order a Bongo, that is my only choice. However, I just found the Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive Bongo in Barolo purple and a roasted neck. It's only in 5 string and dual humbucker configuration but I can live with that. I was wondering though if someone has seen both purples in person and how different do they look?
    Thanks,
    Jay.

User Info Menu

No idea about the difference, but that Barolo 5HH is gorgeous, just get that one!
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

Barolo is definitely a darker purple that under regular lighting is a bit more subdued than the Firemist Purple. The Firemist series are "in your face" colors.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I have a Barolo JPX, it is very dark.

If I could, I'd get a JP6 in that firemist purple in a new york second!!!
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Barolo is definitely a darker purple that under regular lighting is a bit more subdued than the Firemist Purple. The Firemist series are "in your face" colors.
    I saw the Barolo GC special edition today in person, it seemed to be much more metallic than the firemist purple I have at home.
    Yikes, its been so long since I updated my profile, there was still a Myspace link in my signature.

User Info Menu

The Guitar Center that I go to just got one in. The manager is keeping it in the box and off the floor for me until I get some gear sold to get it. I'm hoping that one of my Stingray 5's, gets sold this week. I hate having to sell one off but I absolutely love that Bongo with the roasted neck and must have it.

User Info Menu

I got the Firemist purple in a 6 string HS. When I saw a Bongo in purple I had to have it -but having three Bongo 5 strings already I could only justify it if there was something rad different - so a 6 string.

The purple is pretty dark - the salesman quipped that it was "Deep Purple". On stage it looks more like black. The Barolo has more a metal flake it seems but the hue of purple seems similar. That is by going over pics on the Internet of course - not side by side. Both purples have more blue in them making them dark. I tend to go to the redder magenta myself - but hey - A Bongo in purple is still purple.

Ziggy

Bongo 5HH Desert Gold
    Bongo 5HS Electric Blue
    Bongo 5HH PDN Metal Sparkle Green
    Bongo 6HS Firemist Purple