Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just ordered My Caprice!

Quote Originally Posted by five7 View Post
    I put those tuners on my sterling 5 and my bongo 5, helped tremendously. Hope they help on yours. Really enjoy your reviews.
    Thank you for your kind words. I truly enjoy writing...especially about an instrument i've bonded so strongly with. I must say, my spirits have been lifted after I did the weight saving calculation. Schaller's website lists the Standard BM tuners at .98G. So we take 98G x 4= 392G. Hipshot's website lists the HB6C's weight at 57 grams x 4= 228G. The difference in weight comes to 164 grams which converts to 5.78 ounces(.361lbs). Viewed from another perspective the Hipshot HBC6's are 58% lighter than the Schaller Standard BM tuners. This brings the total weight of my bass down from 8.3lbs to ~8lbs! That'll do hipshot...that'll do :-)

Something that I just can't get over w/the caprice is the 7.5" radius. It's so effortless for my hand to glide along side to side on that generous curve. I wonder why it's not more widely used today? Maybe it's uncomfortable for people with large hands? I don't know but it has now become my preferred radius. So much so that I sent my G&L JB back to the factory to get a fretless neck(I don't need 2 fretted basses, after all :-P) and opted for the 7.5" radius. I never would have known about the fluidity of playing a 1.5'' width w/a 7.5" radius if it hadn't been for the Caprice. So cheers all around :-)
    Last edited by GregP; 08-26-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Brushed Silver Pickguard from Pickguardplanet.com

I have to say this is an beautiful upgrade. I think if they came like this from the factory they'd sure catch a lot of eyes in the stores. The contrast between brushed silver and black is superb. And if I may say so...FABULOUS!

Last edited by GregP; 08-27-2017 at 12:26 PM.

I'm dropping my bass off to get the tuners installed tomorrow. I will be sure to let you all know the results when I get her back. I think this should be all I need to make my bass perfect... You know since I can't send her back to EBMM to have her repainted in pink sparkle :-p

So I did a thing....

Aguilar OBP-3 Preamps - Best Bass Gear
    My bass is going to be in the shop a little longer than I originally anticipated. I just ordered the prewired Aguilar OBP-3 with the concentric knobs and active/passive switching. I was really impressed with everything I've heard from this preamp and besides the 9v will provide a little more ballast

I know, I know i've said I'm a passive guy at heart but what can I say a guy's gotta have options So you can feel free to begin chanting now "One of us...One of us...One of us"

You're goofy, but like I always say, "It's your bass. Whatever makes you happy is none of my business."

:-)