Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Old Smoothie

Thumbs up Old Smoothie

Just love this bass, the sound, the feel, one of the best basses I've ever had. There was only one in all Canada, and guess who got it.

Only one in Canada, eh?

Last edited by 2ndBassGuitar; 07-05-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    1977 Sunburst SR4H with customized 24 fret ebony fretboard, 1982 Natural SR4H X2, 1983 Sunburst SR4H, 2005 Buttercream Bongo 4HH RW Neck, 2005 LE Buttercream SR4HH, 2007 DD SR4HH, 2007 DD Bongo 4HH, 2009 25th Venetian Red SR4HH BFR RW neck, a couple of regular Sterlings, a few other Stingrays, and a few competitors basses

I must say what a nice looking Bass you have there. I was considering ordering a Smoothie but opted for the Classic Sunburst instead which is similar in looks. But what are the tonal differences in both Basses, as I would like to know.

Custom "Old Smoothie" 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass. This is the difference in tone control also the sound is more mellow, but I'm using 35-95 gauge bass string with very low action.

Quote Originally Posted by GospelBass View Post
    Custom "Old Smoothie" 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass. This is the difference in tone control also the sound is more mellow, but I'm using 35-95 gauge bass string with very low action.
    I should have mentioned in my last post that mine also has a 2 band EQ. So is the Smoothie more mellow than my 2 band EQ Classic. I thought that the preamps were totally different as is the humbucker.