Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Question for the most EBMM Experts!

Question for the most EBMM Experts!

In 2011 I purchased an amazing Sterling 5 HH in Pacific Blue Burst with matching headstock used (nearly mint condition). I have so fallen in love with this bass, as it is by the far the best sounding and easiest bass I have ever owned or played. (a ringer for this one) Question for the most EBMM Experts!-jpg So this thought began to enter my mind, if this bass was ever stolen, or damaged, could I replace it? So I did some searching on the web, and have come to the conclusion this bass, in this color option is pretty rare? Am i right? And is it possible to even get a Sterling 5 HH from the company like this ever again?

Any truth/wisdom to this post, would be greatly appreciated.

EBMM Fan for life!!! (after you play the best nothing can compare!)

Every bass is an individual and two complete identical looking ones doesn't sound (as long wood is involved) the same.
    Pacific Blue Burst was an production model color. A lot (if not thousands) of combinations were possible back in 2011.
    You won't get a bass identical with your mentioned specs anymore new from the factory - only used, but remember each is an individual.
    1979 StingRay natural maple

I'm yet to see another one the same as mine. Seen one with a rosewood fretboard, one with a HS pickups but not HH natural with maple neck. I love mine to bits, if anything happened to it I'd have to have another, any colour combo would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

From another angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Every bass is an individual and two complete identical looking ones doesn't sound (as long wood is involved) the same.
    Pacific Blue Burst was an production model color. A lot (if not thousands) of combinations were possible back in 2011.
    You won't get a bass identical with your mentioned specs anymore new from the factory - only used, but remember each is an individual.
    I guess maybe I should of clarified my question better, "I meant to say" if you contact Ernie Ball, will they take custom orders? Would it be possible to have them make a Sterling 5 HH for me in Pacific Blue Burst? (I would gladly pay to have mine replaced)

Thx

No. And they don't run a custom-shop.
    1979 StingRay natural maple