Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: OMG I need help...someone please ban me... I swear I meant to cancel the second bass.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States

OMG I need help...someone please ban me... I swear I meant to cancel the second bass.

OK so I knew hanging around here would only fuel my EBMM gas... and being around Jack always leads to me spending money.... but this has taken on a new level of insanity... In addition to the three basses I have on order from EBMM.... I got bit by the bug to look at the Caprice basses online.... uh yeah. Well of course that lead to me buying one last night... then I was reading someones review here about someone getting an EBMM from Sweetwater. ANd I was like well **** lets go see what Sweetwater has. Of course they had the Mint Green Old Smoothie that originally started my gas.... this week.

I swear to God I was fully planning on calling and canceling the Caprice after purchasing a second bass onlone last night. Well low and behold when I called to cancel it, they were like hey you know you have a credit with us we can apply. FTP FTW!

So now I have an Old Smoothie due in Saturday and a Caprice due in Monday.

Thankfully I was able to sell two non EBMM basses and an amp this morning while I "work from home".

I got issues... that I have known about for 30 plus years but this is friggin ridiculous.
    Last edited by armybass; 10-05-2017 at 04:23 PM.

I don't see anything I can do to help you. I kind of don't think you need any help, really.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    OK so I knew hanging around here would only fuel my EBMM gas... and bgeing around Jack always leads to me spending money.... but this has taken on a new level of insanity... In addition to the three basses I have on order from EBMM.... I got bit by the bug to look at the Caprice basses online.... uh yeah. Well of course that lead to me buying one last night... then I was reading someones review here about someone getting an EBMM from Sweetwater. ANd I was like well **** lets go see what Sweetwater has. Of course they had the Mint Green Old Smoothie that originally started my gas.... this week.

I swear to God I was fully planning on calling and canceling the Caprice after purchasing a second bass onlone last night. Well low and behold when I called to cancel it, they were like hey you know you have a credit with us we can apply. FTP FTW!

So now I have an Old Smoothie due in Saturday and a Caprice due in Monday.

Thankfully I was able to sell two non EBMM basses and an amp this morning while I "work from home".

I got issues... that I have known about for 30 plus years but this is friggin ridiculous.
    I just want to know what you have due in on Tuesday and the rest of the week?

Congrats on your new acquisitions. There are definitely worse vices in life than buying quality basses. Enjoy

You guys are correct. I am very fortunate to have a wife who is so cool and says the same thing. I actually do not have anything coming Tuesday or the rest of the week.... yet.

Well I will probably need more strings....

a set of cobalt flats will save you money in the long run

they get better the older they get

MrM
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

eb customer support:
    E-mail: musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

You can't go wrong with the Caprice. I love mine. Only thing I did was throw on some hipshot lightweight tuners and...perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    Well I will probably need more strings....
    You are in luck. They also sell the best strings here. haha

Seriously though, you will not find a soul here who try to talk you out of your current state of awesomeness.

Carry on, my good man.

2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button kill switch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless

GAS is some serious shizzle. Every time my shipper/receiver walks through the office carrying a big brown box, my co-workers immediately burst out singing "Here Come's Santa Claus."

You can't stop, you don't have any bongo's.
    Liquid Titanium

Oh lawd! They will both be here tomorrow and they just made it to Hagerstown MD. Only one state away!