Mega Primo Mammoth
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mint 2008 SR Finish is bubbling up

User Info Menu

My 2008 Black Stingray has almost the same thing happening, same place as the OP. I've been expecting it to flake off any day now for the past 6 months. It's a bass gets played out a lot, shipped a lot, in and out of the truck and so on. Given a choice I'd rather that the paint stayed good, but as long as it plays great and sounds great, I'm not touching a thing - if it flakes off it flakes off.
    Mike

User Info Menu

Nice thing about an opaque gloosy black
    is the easiness of touching up the finish
    with black nail polish.
    S.U.B. SL4 - SR4p FL [x3] - SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL - SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL ceramic [x2] - Bongo4Hp FL

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaging in social networks.

User Info Menu

Got my replacement body back today and just installed the neck and set it up. Nice job! They even adjusted my PU the way I had it and installed the new style battery box (since that's how the new bodies are routed). I was really concerned when EB said they would work with me that I couldn't get the same Black Cherry finish since I didn't see it listed. But they said I could still get it, so I was really happy. Put the Cobalts back on and a little adjustment on the neck and it was ready to go. In the end I was happy to pay what I did to get it back in perfect shape and am happy EB worked with me on the initial price to something very reasonable. Good EB experience!
    SR 4 Black Cherry Burst (maple)
    SR5 HH Trans Red (RW)