Ernie Ball Paradigm
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Stripped Screws on SBMM SUB RAY 4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3

    Stripped Screws on SBMM SUB RAY 4

    Hi. Im new here. I need help on removing these stripped screws on the pickup. the screws are hard to rotate thats why it got stripped and worn out. Stripped Screws on SBMM SUB RAY 4-23468243_1782660791752394_72933009_o-jpg any suggestion?
    Last edited by Meer; 11-09-2017 at 09:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hessen Germany
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    Hi. Im new here. I need help on removing these stripped screws on the pickup. the screws are hard to rotate thats why it got stripped and worned out. Stripped Screws on SBMM SUB RAY 4-23468243_1782660791752394_72933009_o-jpg any suggestion?
    1. Carefully dremel a slot (left screw in the picture), then use a screwdriver.
    2. Drill a hole in the rest of the screw (right one in the picture) and try a torx.
    3. Push the Pickup down and try to grab the head of the screw with a wrench.
    4. Leave it alone.
    1979 StingRay natural maple

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    707
    Where are you located Meer?
    Brian Martin
    Vice President
    Product Specialist
    Praxis Musical Instruments
    Home of Sterling By Music Man

    888-989-7266
    Brian@PraxisMusical.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    622
    Ouch! Looks like the screwdriver didnt' fit the screws properly.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SBMM View Post
    Where are you located Meer?
    In the Philippines, ive sent you the address on your email. thank you
    Last edited by Meer; 11-09-2017 at 06:31 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    1. Carefully dremel a slot (left screw in the picture), then use a screwdriver.
    2. Drill a hole in the rest of the screw (right one in the picture) and try a torx.
    3. Push the Pickup down and try to grab the head of the screw with a wrench.
    4. Leave it alone.
    thank you, ill try the dremel and the drill. goodluck to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hessen Germany
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    thank you, ill try the dremel and the drill. goodluck to me.
    Try to push the pickup down, try to isolate the screw and don't slip down with the dremel to the pickup.
    Don't make it worse, if the pickup sits at the correct height - there is no need to adjust.
    1979 StingRay natural maple

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm