Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Little Hidden Gem in my EBMM arsenal.... Classic Sterling.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States

Little Hidden Gem in my EBMM arsenal.... Classic Sterling.

I have a Classic Sterling that I traded for a non EBMM bass a while back and through no fault of its own, it has not been given proper attention around here. Mainly because I have been getting a new EBMM every three weeks... I am not complaining. Well this weekend I had 5 gigs and decided to take every single bass out for at least one gig. Well all of the ones with frets that is. And sure enough, I still love them all. But the one that really stuck out was the little kid I wasn't paying any attention too. He hits well above his weight class and goodgoshamighty what a killer neck. This bass is just pure sweetness, but don't underestimate him. What a mighty fine bass. This bass could easily be someones only bass and never ever think of needing another.
    Last edited by armybass; 11-20-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks I think it has gotten lost too....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Love ya BP, thanks for your dedication to your craft and bringing us these lovely tools to work with. I have always been a fan of the Sterling so I had to have one of these but so many EBMM basses have been landing on my doorstep that this guy did not get the deserved attention. I have a standard Sterling that I played last night and that was also an eargasm. But the BEST Sterling news is that my special ordered and long awaited Sterling 5 should be here this week save some Turkey Day shipping delays.

AND...... I forgot to mention that my Sterling Classic is wearing my previously untried by me EBMM Group III Flatwounds. Man are those strings killer. Such a gut punch man.... GTF out of the way. The thump coming out of my amp was just amazing. On my break I saw two other bass players go up to the stage and were checking out my basses and my rig. LOL, that is a great feeling, I dont care who you are.

"How does he DO that?"

love it

I’m a massive fan of the sterling 5. I was lucky enough to find this a few years back and it does everything, the twin humbuckers and the 5 way selector cover everything from precision like tones in the neck to jazz type tones from the bridge. As you’ve already said, the necks on them are amazing to play and the body size is perfection too. Perfect bass in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Oh my that is gorgeous. Perfect indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    Oh my that is gorgeous. Perfect indeed!
    Im wondering if its a one off, yet to see another one in that configuration, even musicman said its a rare bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar