Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Jack will be happy...

Jack will be happy...

It seems that Sweetwater ordered a nice selection of Music Man basses in Chili Red which seems to be a color that did not sell well so now they have listed them at very nice discounts on their Black Friday sale.

They had two bongo 6 strings so I ordered the lighter of the two. We'll see how it fits my hands when it arrives.

WOW.

Nice find. I like that color, by the way. Can't wait to see Chuck with a Bongo!

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    I know I’m trying to score the SR5 without spending my turkey money on it.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    Whew it’s already gone. Thank God!

I like the color too, Jack. I don't know why it was not popular. I thought it looked best with a rosewood fingerboard and they had several Stingray's in that configuration.

Sweetwater is usually very fast on shipping but they still do not show my bass shipped. I was told when I ordered it that it would arrive Saturday due to the holiday. Of course I have 2 gigs that day(a rarity for me) and have to leave about 3:30. No doubt they will try to deliver it 5 minutes after I leave!

The Bongo is on the FedEx truck for delivery today. The question is...will it arrive before I have to leave for my gigs tonight. I must roll out of here at 4:30 this afternoon. We'll see if the Chili Red one arrives prior to that.

Okay! The Bongo was delivered at 2:30. It is RED. More later after we get acquainted.

Excellent!

Let us know, Mr. Moses!
    -Ben

I spent quite a bit of time with the Bongo. It came with a good set up, everything works as it should, looks great and sounds very good.

I played it quite a while and found that it did not feel sports car fast as expected. ??? All of my other 6 string basses are 35" scale and I expected the 34" scale Bongo to feel small and fast in my hands but it does not. I finally made some measurements and found the the Bongo string spacing at the nut is wider than any of my other 6's. It is a full tenth of an inch wider than my next widest 6.

The string spacing does not work for me and came as a surprise since the SR5 is narrow and fast feeling. So I will be returning the Bongo.

Shoulda got a fiver. This makes me sad.

Cool~ great news for him