Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Ebmm sterling-radius changes?

Ebmm sterling-radius changes?

Hey guys. Own 2 sterlings (and have had 3 rays and 2ray5s) was doing a local gig and realized my two babies have different radiusís and widths. F40860 is a 2012 all maple, and feels thinner. Iím the first and only owner so it hasnít been shaved or nodded beyond a checkerboard pickguard. F10670 is a gold sparkle with rosewood board from 2004,and is closer in shape to a jazz? Was this modified? Or did the line change? Itís still an awesome bass, with an imho, a hotter pre amp.

Can anyone shed light on this? Iíll post measurements when I get my calipers back Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Hey guys. Own 2 sterlings (and have had 3 rays and 2ray5s) was doing a local gig and realized my two babies have different radiusís and widths. F40860 is a 2012 all maple, and feels thinner. Iím the first and only owner so it hasnít been shaved or nodded beyond a checkerboard pickguard. F10670 is a gold sparkle with rosewood board from 2004,and is closer in shape to a jazz? Was this modified? Or did the line change? Itís still an awesome bass, with an imho, a hotter pre amp.

Can anyone shed light on this? Iíll post measurements when I get my calipers back Monday
    I have just bought a 2010 stingray 4(rosewood fretboard), and played earlier this week a Stingray 4 1980 (maple fretboard). In my experience the 1980 neck was a lot thicker than the 2010.
    I like the playability and sound of the 2010 stingray better, but hey, thats just a matter of taste.
    I think you could be right, i think the line has changed a bit.