Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt

Thread: Serial number dating Ernie Ball Musicman.

Serial number dating Ernie Ball Musicman.

Does anyone know what the production date is on an EB Musicman Classic Sabre #B054953?

Quote Originally Posted by heave1 View Post
    Does anyone know what the production date is on an EB Musicman Classic Sabre #B054953?
    Just ask here:
    Music Man Serial Number Database

Greetings
    1979 StingRay natural maple

It's not in that Ernie Ball database. That database only goes to E74830 (2010). I have to assume that E97403 was produced after April of 2010.

Okay, just ask here:

Go to the last page, at the moment: Page: 876 and ask direct here in the Ernie Ball Forum.

Here is the Link from the last Page:

Wait a day or two and the manufacturer will answer.

Can you distinguish the original EBMM Classic Sabre Basses from the reissues by the type of nut? The reissues all have the compensated nuts and the original issues do not.
    Is this correct?

My Classic Sabre has the compensated nut - I believe they all do. The original ones don't as they were discontinued in the late 80s/early 90s whereas the compensated nut started in the mid/later 2000s on basses. The original Sabre would be in colours offered during its production era. The Classic Sabre was offered initially in the Sledge colour, then in the standard Classic series colours whilst it was in production and also in the PDN colours and specs which were offered whilst it was in production - mine is one of these and there are others around, for instance in the red sparkle and green sparkle offered a few years ago. I would doubt any original Sabres have the six bolt neck attachment and truss rod adjustment wheel - if there are any they would be the last original Sabres produced.

Have you tried the serial number thread? The other alternative is to email Customer Services and ask them. You could also post a picture here - we all like pics of MM basses!!
    Last edited by drTStingray; 01-13-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted maple neck with maple board, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic collection coral red/birdseye maple neck and board with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/rosewood board
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple board
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst birdseye maple neck
    1993 SR4 blueburst with flamed maple neck and board
    Markbass LM3/standard 2x10 HF and 2 x 10 Traveller now that's loud!

6 Bolts and Trussrod wheel "Version 2" Sabres do exist - but as you describe - really rare and soon after discontinued.

Serial number dating Ernie Ball Musicman.-p1ank9u7mnel31cr81ofk1u0618qr8-jpg
    Ernie Ball Music Man Sabre 1991 a 1988 (Stranka 1) - Recenze - Baskytara.com