2020 StingRay Special colors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NAMM Cometh: Your Predictions?

User Info Menu

The NAMM Cometh: Your Predictions?

It's like Christmas for bassists, or people too old to believe in Santa Claus.

So what are your predictions for what we'll see this year?

I encourage you to be as ridiculous as you wanna be.

User Info Menu

Neck-Through Bongo, 5 Sting Cutlass/Caprice, Randy Jackson edition Sterling Purple Sparkle and Gold Hardware.JOSH

CLASSIC STINGRAY White (MHS)
    CAPRICE Natural
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE)
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)

Musicman Cutlass/Caprice Bass Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by five7 View Post
    5 string caprice
    "Real men play fours." - Sterling Ball, about a million times

User Info Menu

Bongo 5 with natural finished Swamp Ash body, Roasted Maple neck with black big block inlays.
    EBMM Stingray 4 H 2006 Trans Crimson 30th Anniversary
    EBMM Bongo 5 HH 2003 Desert Gold
    EBMM Bongo 5 HS 2005 Buttercream Limited Edition

MarkBass SA450 - Bergantino HS210

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by five7 View Post
    Really?
    Yeah. Listen, I feel you guys who are dreaming of Cutlass/Caprice 5ers but as we used to say in my old job, "Adjust your fire." There are interesting things afoot, but not that. I think I can say that much without getting in trouble.

And seriously, I understand the desire. I really, really do.

User Info Menu

Active/Passive Bongo - the wish.
    St Vincent short scale - the probable reality
    - Ritch
    Bongo 4H - Limited Fritz the Kat Lime Green - Kermit
    Bongo 4H - Dargie Delight
    Bongo 4HH - Sky Blue
    Sterling 4H - Trans Purple

GK and MarkBass stuff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Yeah. Listen, I feel you guys who are dreaming of Cutlass/Caprice 5ers but as we used to say in my old job, "Adjust your fire." There are interesting things afoot, but not that. I think I can say that much without getting in trouble.
    Boooooooo....

2018 Bongo 5 HH Barolo
    2016 Caprice Heritage Tobacco
    2007 Sterling 4 HS Dargie Delight
    2013 Sterling 4 HH Sapphire Black
    2014 Sterling 5 HH Vintage Sunburst
    2019 Stingray Short Scale Ultra Marine Blue

2016 Cutlass SSS Ivory White
    2011 Silhouette HSH Candy Apple Red
    2011 Silhouette HSH Vintage Sunburst
    2016 Valentine Trans Buttermilk

User Info Menu

The new release is going to be awesome! That is all I will say. I am opening a guitar store in my town and the first two brands I am wanting to sell is Ernie Ball/Music Man and Sterling by Music Man. The process has already started and I am very excited for my future endeavors as well as what both EBMM and SBMM will be offering in 2018.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    I am opening a guitar store in my town and the first two brands I am wanting to sell is Ernie Ball/Music Man and Sterling by Music Man. The process has already started
    What great news! Wishing you all the luck in the world, old friend.

User Info Menu

Thank you! Honestly what led to it was my last 2 visits to a chain music store to buy my EBMM basses. I got my 5 string Bongo and a guy was playing an Old Smoothie and needed a bass for his home studio. He was also looking at a MIA P bass. The salesman couldn’t answer a single question about EBMM so I stepped in. I gave the guy a brief history of EBMM and told him why I use EBMM. I then told him about the Old Smoothie and its history and he ended up buying the bass. A year earlier I was at the same store and a guy was looking at a Stingray Classic. Almost same scenario. Salesman can’t answer basic questions. I can and guy bought the Stingray Classic.

For a few months I have been mulling over the idea. I love EBMM basses and guitars and have a passion for them. I have always wanted to do what I can to help further EBMM even if it is only a small amount. Obviously they do great because the instruments are top notch but now I want to be more proactive. There is nothing within 2 hours that sells American made, higher end guitars and basses so I want to. But because I live in a smaller town, probably a majority of my sales will be online but at least people in my area will have an option for higher end American made basses and guitars.

User Info Menu

25th Anniversary Sterling bass is what I'm hoping for!

User Info Menu

Ebony board options
    Smoothie Bongo
    Dream Machine...online order portal where one could combine options like a firemist gold 2 band ray with painted headstock and gloss/painted neck (modern radius) or a Caprice/Cutlass with a ray neck

Earthwood RI
    2003 Candy Red Bongo 4H
    1999 Mettalic Flake Green Stingray 4H

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdgotoh View Post
    25th Anniversary Sterling bass is what I'm hoping for!
    Me too. Although I can't imagine how they could improve on an already great bass unless we get a mahogany body and ebony fretboard but they did that with my favourite Stingray - the 30th anniversary
    2016 EBMM Sterling 4H with Hipshot Double Stop & HB6 Ultralites

1998 EBMM Stingray 4H with Hipshot Double Stop & HB6 Ultralites

Gallien Krueger MB500

Barefaced One10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delberthot View Post
    Me too. Although I can't imagine how they could improve on an already great bass unless we get a mahogany body and ebony fretboard but they did that with my favourite Stingray - the 30th anniversary
    I would love those, with a roasted birdseye neck and maybe stainless frets?

User Info Menu

My prediction is more green basses. The kind that I can't say no to. Then I'll be forced to do all my home repairs myself in order to buy one.