Not electric until you plug it in
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't be the first of you to see this! NAMM 2018 / Musicman 2018 models.

User Info Menu

I'd love to see a natural neck through Ray with a roasted maple neck, where you can really see the difference in wood where the wings of the body are glued on. Would be nice.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly MSilvers but forgot all my log-in info...

2012 Game Changer Bass
    2008 Stingray 4 HH

User Info Menu

Some of the visible colors from the videos posted on the Music Man instagram account are absolutely amazing.

Based on the demos so far (including the ones on social media) it sounds like the 2018 Basses are voiced the way I tend to set my EQ, which is pretty awesome. Of course, I may be off base with that., but color me *very* intrigued, especially with the lighter weight.

I donít know that any of the changes announced this far are revolutionary, but they definitely seem to be moving things forward in an interesting way!

User Info Menu

I love my Bongos. I love my Rays. I'm so glad they had a baby!
    Buncha Rays and Bongos

User Info Menu

Very interesting. Wish you could get black hardware with the maple fingerboard though. Looking forward to trying one!

User Info Menu

No more rosewood neck St. Vincent? Guess I'll be buying used.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    No more rosewood neck St. Vincent? Guess I'll be buying used.
    This page indicates you needn't worry:
    Ernie Ball Music Man 2018 Product Announcement & NAMM Kick-off – Ernie Ball Music Man

"2018 St. Vincent HH - ...roasted figured maple neck with ebony or rosewood fingerboard (depending on color)."
    "2018 St. Vincent HHH - ...and new roasted figured maple neck with rosewood or ebony fretboard."
    93 SR 5 H fl trans teal
    90 SR 5 H fretted* trans red (orig. lined fl)
    07 SR 5 HH Dargie I
    07 SR 5 Hp fl black/whi
    08 SR 4 HH BFR Redwood
    09 SR 5 H Dargie II
    09 25th Anniversary 5 HSS
    09 Reflex 5 Rosewood
    10 Reflex 5 Lamborghini orange burst
    04 Bongo 5 HHp Sapphire
    06 Bongo 5 Hp Egyptian smoke
    14 Bongo 5 HSp fl Cardinal red sparkle
    17 Bongo 6 HS fl Starry Night, roasted
    12 Sterling 5 HS PDN honeyburst
    14 Sterling 5 HH Pacific blue-burst
    70s EB Earthwood bass
    72 EB Earthwood guitar

User Info Menu

Doh, i just realized you were talking about the rosewood *neck*, not fingerboards. Yeah, that seems a bit of a loss. Maybe it'll be reserved for BFR editions.
    93 SR 5 H fl trans teal
    90 SR 5 H fretted* trans red (orig. lined fl)
    07 SR 5 HH Dargie I
    07 SR 5 Hp fl black/whi
    08 SR 4 HH BFR Redwood
    09 SR 5 H Dargie II
    09 25th Anniversary 5 HSS
    09 Reflex 5 Rosewood
    10 Reflex 5 Lamborghini orange burst
    04 Bongo 5 HHp Sapphire
    06 Bongo 5 Hp Egyptian smoke
    14 Bongo 5 HSp fl Cardinal red sparkle
    17 Bongo 6 HS fl Starry Night, roasted
    12 Sterling 5 HS PDN honeyburst
    14 Sterling 5 HH Pacific blue-burst
    70s EB Earthwood bass
    72 EB Earthwood guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post

I am TOLD by REPUTABLE SOURCES that these new Stingrays will be significantly lighter, too.
    This is the best news, thanks!

User Info Menu

Matching headstock still an option? I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Patience. Patience. But this is pretty big news - Ernie Ball MusicMan always has a very high quality product. Take away the weight annoyance and it becomes possible to find a ~8.5 lbs Stingray 5. That's killer.
    Last edited by cybersnyder; 01-25-2018 at 07:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cybersnyder View Post
    Matching headstock still an option? I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Patience. Patience. But this is pretty big news - Ernie Ball MusicMan always has a very high quality product. Take away the weight annoyance and it becomes possible to find a ~8.5 lbs Stingray 5. That's killer.
    hope so - would love if ebony, black hardware and matching HS were options on any finish...

Curious to hear the new electronics and PU in person - love my Bongo, love my Ray...
    2003 Candy Red Bongo 4H
    1999 Mettalic Flake Green Stingray 4H

User Info Menu

OMG! Stingray with Bongo electronics: I've been waiting for this for ages. Thank you, good sirs from the Ball family! Dreams come true
    2004 EBMM Bongo 5HH Desert Gold w/ Orange Swirl PG
    1983 Music Man StingRay Bass Black&Maple

User Info Menu

I just found this video this morning. What is there not to like? Or better yet love? In the demo the new bass sounded better to me. I think the new electronics sound wonderful and they put them in a bass that has the roasted neck we all love AND it weigh less! Wow. Okay, Sterling, next time you are in San Antonio I am buying you dinner.

User Info Menu

By the way, I'm guessing I am a Junior Member because of the rather low number of my posts rather than my age. I suspect I may be the real senior member of this forum.

User Info Menu

Also wonder if the Neck Through Stingrays will be available with the new pickups/pre-amp and lighter hardware.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly MSilvers but forgot all my log-in info...

2012 Game Changer Bass
    2008 Stingray 4 HH

User Info Menu

Lots of pictures of the new colors here if people haven't seen some of them yet.

NAMM 2018: The Ernie Ball Music Man 2018 Collection | The Music Zoo