Ernie Ball CRNR Slash

Thread: Awesome New Bass, But a Mystery

User Info Menu

Awesome New Bass, But a Mystery

I just bought an Ernie Ball Musicman StingRay5 and it's awesome. I'm not a very good bass player but what I hear from this guitar makes me wish I were. The mystery is that it has a volume and 4 EQ knobs for a total of 5. Try as I might, I couldn't find a single reference to any such Ernie Ball. None of the images or the Ernie Ball web site reference it. The serial# is E35313 and according to the serial number data bass, this instrument was manufactured in 2004. It's in as new condition and everything works perfectly.

Could anyone on the forum give me some information?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here is the control diagram. Click on it to download and view

Awesome New Bass, But a Mystery-cfd_stingray5_ceramic_h_piezo-pdf

User Info Menu

Says right in the diagram. Your bass is a 5HP. IT has piezo pickups in the bridge saddles.
    1977 Sunburst SR4H with customized 24 fret ebony fretboard, 1982 Natural SR4H X2, 1983 Sunburst SR4H, 2005 Buttercream Bongo 4HH RW Neck, 2005 LE Buttercream SR4HH, 2007 DD SR4HH, 2007 DD Bongo 4HH, 2009 25th Venetian Red SR4HH BFR RW neck, a couple of regular Sterlings, a few other Stingrays, and a few competitors basses

User Info Menu

I had 2 Bongos with piezo bridges. They are a nice addition and add a little extra value to the bass. I wish they were still an option. Nice find. You will enjoy the bass.

User Info Menu

I really appreciate the feedback on this guitar. It has absolutely awesome ultra base using the 4th EQ pot. You guys know your stuff and I appreciate the diagram...very definitely shows my electronics. Where did you find the diagram. I did a search on the web for any information on a 5HP and couldn’t find a single reference and as I said, there were no images of a similar setup. I will continue searching, but if anyone has a reference, I would surely appreciate it. I will be lurking on this forum to see what else I can find on it. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Had downloaded the diagram a long while ago to have locally. It was available on the Musicman site at the time.