Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Stingray Special Sterling Ball vid

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregP View Post
    According to the spec page it's set as a combo. I'm stoked that ebony is available on colors other than stealth black!
    There are a few colors where it seems you can choose Rosewood or Maple in the configuration section. These tend to be the more traditional colors. But most only come with a specific fretboard.

User Info Menu

I love the Charcoal sparkle, but something about those natural basses with the roasted maple fretboard just makes my heart melt. 2018 will be a good year!
    Transparent Teal Stingray

User Info Menu

I just wish the burnt apple looked better on the SR5. The huge PG covers up most of it. Looks great on the SR4 though!
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I b——ed about the price increase, I admit it, but the Specials will easily hang with the “boutiques” in the $3-4K range. Dat neck!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5HH Electric Bass, 5-String, Ebony Fingerboard (with Case) (New, Cruz Teal). I can't believe I just hit the purchase button.....I'm going to bass guitar hell....

brash

DAMN RIGHT I'll post pics when it hits my house! The site told me to expect it around late September.
    So, I played one at a local shop and I'm impressed with it. What a great bass.....now keeping that in mind. I think I still favor the sound/feel of my 30th Aniv. Stingray 5.

Now dont everyone yell at me. It's all personal, but I'll say its an amazing bass and I look forward to when mine arrives.

But I think this 30th Aniv. is gonna have that special place for me....

Brash

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody. I'm glad that some of you notice that we have been working hard at making better products and understand that there was a reason for everything we did
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the_eigensheep View Post
    Ugggh, I asked for turquoise, and they gave me TWO options. How am I supposed to pick just one?

Also, really can't decide on the H vs HH. An HS option would have made this easy. I feel like I want the neck pickups for more mellow options (as well as a thumb rest), but i'm not a fan of the look.

Tough decisions ahead...
    I had the same thoughts - couldn't decide so ordered an aqua sparkle as 4HH and a Cruz teal as 5HH - I'm told to expect them possibly mid August - can't wait!!
    On order - 2019 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple

User Info Menu

Here's to hoping we get a SLO option in the coming years. Damn my small hands :-p

After playing the new Ray I feel it is destined to be a new classic. It feels like as big of a breakthrough as the cobalt flats(which still don't get the attention they deserve, IMHO). :-)
    Last edited by GregP; 07-09-2018 at 06:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Great videos! Everywhere I turn on social media someone is reviewing the stingrays. Awesome job of getting the word out. A plus one on the SLO special option. My jacked up hand due Ulnar nerve issues just works better with a narrower nut width.
    - Alex
    I'm a left hander who plays right handed, so I guess that makes me confused.

SBMM SB14
    EBMM SUB 5