EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Green Basses Don't Sell, And Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Laven View Post
    [quote redacted for length]
    I'm super excited about a DD3.
    You have just officially been awarded the Ernie Ball Music Man Forums Pulitzer Prize for Journalistic Integrity. Well researched! Careful, though, someone can knock your crown off and take it for themselves.

Also: Holy Heck the final production year SS came in green? GM really had it in for that car. You'd think America would love an unnecessarily powerful sedan that can't corner or brake. It's like the AC/DC of cars, Australian in origin but more American than anything else.

This just brings us full circle to how much we all need the DD3.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    You have just officially been awarded the Ernie Ball Music Man Forums Pulitzer Prize for Journalistic Integrity. Well researched! Careful, though, someone can knock your crown off and take it for themselves.

Also: Holy Heck the final production year SS came in green? GM really had it in for that car. You'd think America would love an unnecessarily powerful sedan that can't corner or brake. It's like the AC/DC of cars, Australian in origin but more American than anything else.

This just brings us full circle to how much we all need the DD3.
    I should have included the link to the page I copied the list from. I don't deserve the pulitzer, I'm a fraud...

The list was from: Cool Car Colors: Which 2017 Models Are Available in Green? - The News Wheel

Like "AC/DC of cars," probably could have raised the price on my Camaro if I had that line

We really do need DD3. Maybe there should be a thread of pictures of basses and (or in) cars too.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
    I love green guitars and we just bought a new green Jeep. But I am super excited about finding a 1987 Trans Green EBMM Sabre!

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Laven View Post
    I really like green, but there is a good chance I'll never have a green car.

Funny thing about preference, I suppose, liking the color doesn't necessarily mean wanting your bass that color.
    And liking a color doesn't always equate to choosing that color when it's time to purchase. I've dreamed of owning a blue bass since I started playing 30ish years ago and have owned around 12 basses in that time, but for one reason or another, I've never pulled the trigger on a blue one.
    ...Bryan

194-59-21-01 Sterling Silver Sterling5 HH Rosewood MHS F28514 3/14/11

Quote Originally Posted by bdgotoh View Post
    Doesn't Aqua Sparkle look blue, not green?

I love this color but is it available with a maple fretboard?
    I actually really love all the new colors. But the Aqua sparkle, Dropped Copper and Sparkle Gray are favorites....., today.
    Last edited by Joeglow; 08-01-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Most of the colors are only available with a particular fretboard. If type of fretboard is more important than color, limits which colors you would pick.

Do want a maple board on a 5H if I got one. Luckily like the charging green color so will be that.

I definitely see myself buying a Charging Green SR Special somewhere in the future. Hopefully they'll still be around in a year or so.
    Last edited by vates; 08-10-2018 at 12:48 AM.
    2004 EBMM Bongo 5HH Desert Gold w/ Orange Swirl PG
    1983 Music Man StingRay Bass Black&Maple