Flat Ribbon

Thread: Japanese EX Musicman Stingray

User Info Menu

Japanese EX Musicman Stingray

I am looking at getting a Musicman Stingray EX from Japan and I have read that they are made of USA Musicman parts put together in Japan.

This is a maybe 2010 with a fitted body (not a slab), no string-through bridge/no mutes and 3 ban eq.

My question is if this is true that it is the same woods, hardware and especially is it the same pick-up and electronics as a USA EB Musicman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Japanese EX Musicman Stingray-musicman-stingray-japan-fhs-jpg   Japanese EX Musicman Stingray-musicman-stingray-japan-ffb-jpg   Japanese EX Musicman Stingray-musicman-stingray-japan-cont-jpg  

User Info Menu

Customer Service will be able to help.

The email is:

musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com

User Info Menu

Serial Musicam Ex Japão

Quote Originally Posted by metro-4U View Post
    I am looking at getting a Musicman Stingray EX from Japan and I have read that they are made of USA Musicman parts put together in Japan.

This is a maybe 2010 with a fitted body (not a slab), no string-through bridge/no mutes and 3 ban eq.

My question is if this is true that it is the same woods, hardware and especially is it the same pick-up and electronics as a USA EB Musicman.
    Olá anigo tudo bem? Entrei aqui por que tho um musicman Japão e não sei como pesquisar o número de série dele... vc pode me ajudar ou, sabe quem, site para pesquisar? Grato, Daniel.
    Last edited by Dannibahia; 06-14-2020 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Errei a palavra

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dannibahia View Post
    Olá anigo tudo bem? Entrei aqui por que tho um musicman Japão e não sei como pesquisar o número de série dele... vc pode me ajudar ou, sabe quem, site para pesquisar? Grato, Daniel.
    There was a similar thread:
    Serial number

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    there was a similar thread:
    Serial number
    d10304

User Info Menu

Número de série do Musicman EX Japão é:
    D10304

User Info Menu

I have a Stingray EX 3 bander, late 90s. Yes, it's the same original hardware, electronics and pickups. They made the bodies and necks in Japan, finished them and put the original EBMM guts on them. Great basses, there's a certain mojo about them, but they're basically EBMM Stingrays, but not identical (the back of the neck where it goes in the pocket is slightly different and the finish is slightly different - their maple fretboard necks all have finish on the front of the neck, while keeping oil&wax on the back).

Also, that's not 2010, I don't think they made them after like 2003, you can tell by the old pickup pole pieces which aren't rounded/bevelled. EBMM introduced bevelled pole pieces in mid 2003 and I don't think I've seen a single EX with the newer pickup/preamp combo. They all have the 90s genes/mojo about them.

User Info Menu

Hier ist noch ein Thread:
    Stingray maple fretboard finish variations

User Info Menu

Bom dia tudo bem? Eu queria saber mas detalhes do meu musicman japan D10304? Grato

User Info Menu

Talking

good news.

today home soo can learn something more about it. Keluaran Macau sweep

User Info Menu

If the EX basses were made from U.S.-made parts, did they also get the usual stamped dates and information inside the neck pocket? That might be one way to find more information.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    If the EX basses were made from U.S.-made parts, did they also get the usual stamped dates and information inside the neck pocket? That might be one way to find more information.
    They have stamped numbers inside the pocket and on the neck, but it's not DOB. EBMM cannot give you any information about them as they don't have them in their database, unfortunately.