EBMM Stingray bass green

Thread: Question, please help

Question, please help

I ordered my very first musicman stingray from guitar center and had it shipped to their store. I just brought it home and unboxed it and noticed a chip on the body below the strings. Thereís actually a couple of them spread out but all within the same area. Iím assuming itís not normal and I should take it back or does anyone know if this is common? Everything else looks great, and the bass was wrapped and brand new.

Not normal for sure. PITA, but think best option is to bring it back

Do you have any pictures of these chips you could post? are they on the body, or on the pickguard? There really isn't much of the body under the strings except near the bridge.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Question, please help

I would definitely bring it back to the store. They will do right by you.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Do you have any pictures of these chips you could post? are they on the body, or on the pickguard? There really isn't much of the body under the strings except near the bridge.
    Yes itís on the pickguard. I showed it to one of the guys at guitar center and he said itís not unusual. Someone told me it might have a plastic protective film I have to peel off, but with a chip like I saw, I donít think thatís on the film. Iím going to try it when I get back home.

Iím trying to upload pics but its not working and Iím not sure why. Thanks for your responses.

Rip the plastic film cover off the pickguard. If you still are seeing chips on the pickguard give us a call at 866-823-2255. We'll ask for pics and if we see an issue we'll just send you a new pg..
    "Scott Moreno"

Would be interesting to see pics of the shipping box and the cushioning material inside. This is a GC issue, not an EB issue, so I'd exhaust all available options with GC before burdening EB with this, even though they've kindly offered to help.