Ernie Ball Cables

Thread: John Myung leaving Music Man?

John Myung leaving Music Man?

Any one hear anything about John Myung maybe leaving EBMM? He made a post on IG that has folks asking questions.
    Otto

Hmm...some are saying that's not an official account despite what it says. I don't follow Dream Theater as closely as I used to so I'm not up on all the official accounts anymore.

2018 Bongo 5 HH Barolo
    2016 Caprice Heritage Tobacco
    2007 Sterling 4 HS Dargie Delight
    2013 Sterling 4 HH Sapphire Black
    2014 Sterling 5 HH Vintage Sunburst

2016 Cutlass SSS Ivory White
    2011 Silhouette HSH Candy Apple Red
    2011 Silhouette HSH Vintage Sunburst
    2016 Valentine Trans Buttermilk

Quote Originally Posted by Grugenhagen View Post
    Hmm...some are saying that's not an official account despite what it says. I don't follow Dream Theater as closely as I used to so I'm not up on all the official accounts anymore.
    To me that we always the official account. Hope it is not what it seemed like
    Otto

I don't do any social media....can someone elaborate on what he said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is an instagram account that calls itself "JOHN MYUNG official"

JOHN MYUNG official (@jmyungimages) • Instagram photos and videos

As far as I can tell, it's just a shill account that reposts pictures it finds online. Given that it always mentions Myung in the third person, I would think it has no association whatsoever with him.

But, most internet people seem to not try to verify anything, and just go nuts over what is probably a picture back from when he was still using Yamaha basses. There are plenty of pictures of him with the Yamahas, and I would think a good amount of the RBX JM models out there.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    There is an instagram account that calls itself "JOHN MYUNG official"

JOHN MYUNG official (@jmyungimages) • Instagram photos and videos

As far as I can tell, it's just a shill account that reposts pictures it finds online. Given that it always mentions Myung in the third person, I would think it has no association whatsoever with him.

But, most internet people seem to not try to verify anything, and just go nuts over what is probably a picture back from when he was still using Yamaha basses. There are plenty of pictures of him with the Yamahas, and I would think a good amount of the RBX JM models out there.
    That is the account I saw the post in. Members of DT have tagged the account in posts before. Ironically the pic for the post he is using his bongo. I love seeing him with a Bongo. If he get's board he can always manipulate the sound on the bass. I remember years ago BP said that JM's basses get set to him with all knobs setting basically locked in place to the one sound he wants. That way they are always correct and he doesn't have to mess with it or think about it
    Otto

From my distant perspective, JM has always shied away from the spotlight... seems to be a very private person. I really don't see him posting personal info on any social media...
    But I might be wrong...
    Balls are Best!!

If any of you have Facebook accounts, check out the Dream Theater page. Yesterday they posted a very short video with JM holding his Bongo and saying that the bass tracks for their new album are done. So I bet there will be much more from the DT team in the months to come
    Last edited by Monahan; 08-24-2018 at 10:25 AM.