EBMM Stingray bass pink

Thread: adjust the polepieces on pickup

adjust the polepieces on pickup

I did it on my old USA SUB, and it worked just fine. If you don't wanna mod the original pickup though, I'd suggest swapping it for another that doesn't have staggered pole pieces. Or better yet, grab a new 2018 Stingray, those don't have staggered pole pieces xD

I've done something similar on a couple of stingrays--I just pushed the A and D poles down level with the other ones and then tilt the pickup to get the right balance. Each time I held my breath. Move those pole pieces only ONCE, don't go back and forth. Be aware you might still trash your pickup. It worked for me, but you have to be willing to take the chance that your PU might come out dead.

Tom

I have a few StingRays but I haven't played them regularly until recently.
    Not only is the G string a little weak, I tend to beat the heck out my basses when slapping. I smash the strings into the pole pieces. It kills the guys using IEM's. A small strip of gaffers tape works but I'd rather not have to use it.
    Before you bash my technique, I've been playing for way too long too adjust now. And I don't have these problems on other basses.

I'll risk adjusting the pole pieces at my next string change:-)

Thanks!!
    Last edited by dwade; 09-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.