EBMM Stingray bass pink

Thread: NBD: Aqua Sparkle Stingray Special 4HH

NBD: Aqua Sparkle Stingray Special 4HH

I picked my Aqua sparkle Stingray Special up last week and am really well pleased with it. I already have a blue dawn SR4HH and a Neptune blue (thus mahogany) Classic Sabre but this bass is really quite different whilst also retaining that Stingray sound and vibe. So what's great about it?

1) Weight - it's very light (lightest EBMM I have) - I haven't weighed it but it is extremely light - it also balances completely on my thigh when sat down - no hands!!
    2) Neck feel - the roasted maple feels so slick - it's the smoothest I've ever played - even more so than my roasted flamed maple Sabre.
    3) Look - well it's a stunner. And the ebony/roasted neck contrasts beautifully. Along with the stainless frets. The new tuners feel great - and the black hardware looks spot on.
    4) Sound - the EQ is great. As well as the standard HH sounds the revoiced pre amp and extra power seem to enable a lot more tone sculpting - the bass boost is STRONG and fat - reminiscent of the Bongo (but different - more of a fatter Stingray). The mid is revoiced with less boost and more cut available.
    5) Resonance - this bass when played acoustically has resonance like my Bongo. It's astonishing!!

I've played it four or five times in rehearsals and gigs and it's really very impressive. I played it at a festival with an Orange valve amp plus 4x12, with a very large PA. the sound was fabulous.

This is a very fine instrument. Thanks to EBMM for producing these basses, Mike at Andertons and Nick at Strings and Things for helping with the order for this - it appears to have been too wacky for a stock order - although they do have an HD yellow on show - sorry to have upset the Andertons staff taking their favourite Musicman bass of the Specials delivery away

Update - see post #272 on attached link

EBMM StingRay Special Club | Page 14 | TalkBass.com
    Last edited by drTStingray; 09-11-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Added link with photos plus Apple thinks revoiced is revolved.....
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted maple neck with maple board, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic collection coral red/birdseye maple neck and board with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/rosewood board
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple board
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst birdseye maple neck
    1993 SR4 blueburst with flamed maple neck and board
    Markbass LM3/standard 2x10 HF and 2 x 10 Traveller now that's loud!

It sounds lovely.
    SR4HH is going to be my next bass it’s official

StingRay 4H Buttercreme 2005 L.E. ("Leighton")
    StingRay 4H Light Blue over Vintage Sunburst. 2005 ("SunBlue")
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE AMPS.

Also my bass appears in this video from 12.52 - you get a good impression of the finish and sound - as I say, it's great!!

Music Man Stingray Basses 2018 - In stock at Andertons now! - YouTube

And a few more pics on this thread (which also has some pics of a charcoal sparkle a bit further on)

MM 2018 Stingrays - Page 3 - Bass Guitars - Basschat
    Last edited by drTStingray; 09-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted maple neck with maple board, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic collection coral red/birdseye maple neck and board with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/rosewood board
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple board
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst birdseye maple neck
    1993 SR4 blueburst with flamed maple neck and board
    Markbass LM3/standard 2x10 HF and 2 x 10 Traveller now that's loud!

I love the way these sound.
    -Ben