Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerald Green Sparkle Gets a Day Out

User Info Menu

Whatever color that is on Heinz, it really does grow on you after a while. Half the fun is trying to figure out what exactly it is. Is it yellow? Is it Green? How come it looks almost fluorescent?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Dargin might pretend to entertain it because he's nice, but my favorite BP quote is from one night long ago on the phone, me and BP and Dargin discussing something important when Heinz came up for some reason.

"I think that's the ugliest finish we ever did", he said. Then he laughed because he knows I love Heinz.
    I reckon his second least favourite is peach....that Heinz colour is somewjat of a celebrity - when Craig Young-Nashville frequented this place I recall he tracked an SR5 down in that colour - maybe it appeared on famous songs!

I'm surprised a charging green SR5S hasn't winged its way to Bovinehost's bass garage yet - I saw an SR4S in that colour - looks fabulous.
    On order - 2019 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple

User Info Menu

I am patiently (NOT) waiting for a suitable SR5H in whatever color I can get!

Craig also used one of my Dargie Bongos on a Lady Antebellum album, which made me larf and giggle.

User Info Menu

Craig also used one of my Dargie Bongos on a Lady Antebellum album, which made me larf and giggle.
    Cool! Any idea what album and songs?

User Info Menu

Well, um, no, not really. Craig might recall - I'll ask him.

User Info Menu

I am patiently (NOT) waiting for a suitable SR5H in whatever color I can get!

I know the feeling - waiting on a 5 HH. At least I've got my 4 HH and it'll be well worth the wait - my view is it's a Stingray with a stack more power and an EQ with a different mid range - extremely cool. Along with all the other bits - the tuners feel great to use - thicker in the centre and the weight......all I can say is omg!! 2 X 1 HR sets with no aches! All good. All of the colours are great as well - including that bumble bee yellow and black.

Now this Lady Antebellum track use of the Dargie Bongo - I'd be really interested to know as well - I had to learn one of their tracks (a famous one) and was v impressed with the bass part - some strong hooks in there and a nice tone as well - I'd like to have thought it was Craig using one of his EBMM basses - I wondered if it was Game Changer actually.
    On order - 2019 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple