Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: "Bohemian Rhapsody" Movie

User Info Menu

"Bohemian Rhapsody" Movie

Guess which bass guitar got a nice cameo during a scene in this motion picture?

User Info Menu

A very quick cameo though. Only seen the film once (brilliant film want to go see it again) not sure what model it was, it looked like it had a lacquered neck ? Possibly an anniversary model of some description maybe?

StingRay 4H Buttercreme 2005 L.E.
    StingRay 4H Light Blue over Vintage Sunburst. 2005 ”SunBlue"

GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE AMPS.

User Info Menu

I was thinking about this the other night... it appeared to be a modern Stingray Classic in sunburst with a crazy flamed neck. Obvious indications were truss rod wheel at pick guard and not at headstock. Still enjoyed seeing the it and wished it got more screen time.

CLASSIC STINGRAY White (MHS)
    CAPRICE Natural
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE)
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)

Musicman Cutlass/Caprice Bass Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I saw that. Definitely a looker. I also noticed that they definitely did a good job getting the actors to look like they were actually playing the music.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Definitely a looker. I also noticed that they definitely did a good job getting the actors to look like they were actually playing the music.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad the actors look like they're playing. Makes me nuts when the acting is so obviously fake.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmbassplayer View Post
    I was thinking about this the other night... it appeared to be a modern Stingray Classic in sunburst with a crazy flamed neck. Obvious indications were truss rod wheel at pick guard and not at headstock. Still enjoyed seeing the it and wished it got more screen time.
    It’s definitely a new model but who is ever going to notice that apart from us lot ?

StingRay 4H Buttercreme 2005 L.E.
    StingRay 4H Light Blue over Vintage Sunburst. 2005 ”SunBlue"

GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE AMPS.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    On that note [not a pun ... REEEALLY NOT] you
    might wanna download Terry Gross's interview
    of 21 NOV on NPR's "Fresh Air" program. All the
    shows are archived as podcasts.
    Last edited by Golem; 11-21-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    S.U.B. SL4 - SR4p FL [x2] - SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL - SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL ceramic [x2] - Bongo4Hp FL

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaged in social networks.

User Info Menu

I saw the music man bass too !!! Was happily surprised

And the movie was a wonderful experience from laugh to tears we enjoyed it 100%
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

It was an EBMM Classic Stingray. Not very historically correct lol. But most of the movie wasn't anyway. There was a discussion about it on the "Pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass Fans" on Facebook already. I noticed it straight away in the cinema.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mouth View Post
    It was an EBMM Classic Stingray. Not very historically correct lol. But most of the movie wasn't anyway. There was a discussion about it on the "Pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass Fans" on Facebook already. I noticed it straight away in the cinema.
    I remember reading somewhere that recent movies about musicians/bands have "instrument experts" just to make sure that things look reasonably correct. "Jersey Boys" is one example. Last thing we want is something like that Frankenstrat that was used in the "Buddy Holly Story."
    Silhouette (2007), Sunburst
    Axis Super Sport Semi-hollow (2014), Cherry
    Axis Super Sport MM90 (2009), Sunburst

User Info Menu

John Deacon. What a great bass player he was. Sad he is out of the game. Has not touched a bass in 20 years now it seems. Think he had two Stingray´s.
    ô¿ô

-Mobilis in mobil-

Fretted and fretless 4-string 30th Anniversary Stingray´s. Fretted and fretless 5-string 20th Anniversary Stingray´s. Fretted 5-string Trans Black 20th Anniversary Stingray. Fretted 4-string Silver Sparkle -01 Stingray.

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, when he showed 'em the line for Another One Bites the Dust, right? Very cool.

User Info Menu

Suddenly they stop talking and concentrate on that song.
    Bohemian Rhapsody Movie- Another one bites the dust scene - YouTube