Music Man Modern Classics
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EBMM Predictions for 2019

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmbassplayer View Post
    Man I am really hoping that poor Bongo is photoshopped.
    It was, it was. That was my first Bongo, so you know that's been a long time ago.

User Info Menu

Wishing for a classic 3 tone bursty bongo with a tort guard and some rosewood neck...and..

I think there was ONE made like that..IN THE BEGINNING..of all things BONGO

Michael Kelly
    StingRay 5 HH
    BONGO 6 H
    BONGO 4 H

Bassist for:
    The Femmes of Rock
    Google Dat.

User Info Menu

This neck......AMAZING!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I really wish Barolo wasn't a GC exclusive because they won't ship to Australia haha
    TERAMAZE
    https://www.facebook.com/teramaze/
    METANOIA
    https://www.facebook.com/wearemetanoiaband/

Stealth Black Bongo 6 HH - 22/03/2011
    Stealth Pearl Bongo 6 HH - 14/04/2015
    Firemist Purple Bongo 6 HH - 06/07/2017

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    This neck......AMAZING!!!
    Had seen pictures of the Barolo. Saw one hanging on the wall in GC. The pics I have seen were nice, but seeing it in person was amazing! GREAT finish. Pics do not do it justice at all.

User Info Menu

Could be a long shot, but a multi scale Bongo would probably do pretty well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    My guess on Bongo update... no longer painted neck and headstock, and similar roasted neck to the Stingray specials.
    Honestly, love the Bongo, have one, it's great. But I wouldn't be disappointed if they replaced the headstock with the standard one. I think it'd look cool.

User Info Menu

How about a StingRay SS with 4-way pickup selector knob (bridge, both parallel, neck, both series) and 3-band EQ?

EBMM Predictions for 2019-47209647_10216111879382954_3011813058604433408_n-2-jpg
    Current:
    2000 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq+piezo, unlined, Rotosound RS77LD
    Mesa Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo, Boss TU-2/AD-2/BC-1X/FZ-3/BB-1X/RV-6

Former:
    1995 Stingray sunburst, 3eq, unlined
    2002 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq, unlined

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cybersnyder View Post
    I really liked that SS SR that someone photoshopped in another thread. It's not going to happen, but I still like the looks of it.
    Was that me?
    Current:
    2000 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq+piezo, unlined, Rotosound RS77LD
    Mesa Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo, Boss TU-2/AD-2/BC-1X/FZ-3/BB-1X/RV-6

Former:
    1995 Stingray sunburst, 3eq, unlined
    2002 Stingray trans. gold w/match head, 3eq, unlined

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rysker6 View Post
    Honestly, love the Bongo, have one, it's great. But I wouldn't be disappointed if they replaced the headstock with the standard one. I think it'd look cool.
    The headstock on the Bongo is part of the overall design. It matches the neck inlays and the curve of the horns around the neck pocket.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The headstock on the Bongo is part of the overall design. It matches the neck inlays and the curve of the horns around the neck pocket.
    Exactly. The entire design is elegant...once you open your eyes to it. It took me a long time but I finally see. The function of the bass is beautiful indeed and the unorthodox design just works perfectly. I was amazed that my 6 has NO neck dive.

User Info Menu

2019 EBMM NEW SMOOTHIE
    Basically an old smoothie with all the weight saving inprovements plus 5 bolt neck and cutaway ;-)