Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And...one other thing

User Info Menu

And...one other thing

Yes, you all know I am crazy about my gloss black Bongo 6 HH. So much to love about it and there is also something special about the case. It is a substantial case built to really protect the bass but the boys and girls at Ernie Ball also put a little name tag on it that tells me it is a Bongo case. For those of us gear heads that have a lot of different basses this is a real help.

Details. They thought of most everything, didn't they?

By the way, did I tell you that I love it? I do. I really wanted to PM Big Poppa and tell him how great it is but something kept me from it.

User Info Menu

All of my older cases have the type of bass written on the end so I don't have to guess, but yep, all the new cases have that already taken care of with the nice red nametag,

Cool detail, I agree.

User Info Menu

Yes, I love my Bongo. Did I tell you?

User Info Menu

Nice post! But how do you really feel about it?
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Many manufacturers ship basses with their own brand of strings...they usually suck...the OEM strings on my Bongo do not suck. Nope, instead they sound and feel wonderful. Now I just need to make certain I know the exact set that came on my Bongo so I can order more.

These should be the ones? Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Bass 5 & 6 Strings | Ernie Ball

I'm still tempted to PM Big Poppa!
    Last edited by Chuck M; 01-05-2019 at 07:57 AM.

User Info Menu

I played the Bongo in church this morning. It is even better sounding in a band situation. It balances perfectly on a strap....no neck dive. This is just over the top for me and I am having too much fun playing this bass.

I hope you don't wait as long as I did to get a Bongo. You are missing something fantastic if you don't have one.
    Last edited by Chuck M; 01-06-2019 at 02:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
    I played the Bongo in church this morning. It is even better sounding in a band situation. It balances perfectly on a strap....no neck dive. This is just over the top for me and I am having too much fun playing this bass.

I hope you don't wait as long as I did to get a Bongo. You are missing something fantastic if you don't have one.

I always remember the first time I brought that orange Bongo to the biker bar for the jam night. I was sitting at the bar (drinking water because until coWpilot, I never drank when I played) and the waitress - whom I had seen about a million times and we'd never spoken - said, "That is the coolest bass I've ever seen."

People notice the Bongo, eh?

User Info Menu

Yes, Jack, the worship leader noticed it right away and commented on how good it sounded. The ergonomics are about perfect on my 6. Every note I wanted was right under my fingers. I know I am gushing about this bass but I just can't help it. This is as close to a perfect fit as I have ever experienced. I guess I have become BBC....Bongo Boy Chuck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
    Many manufacturers ship basses with their own brand of strings...they usually suck...the OEM strings on my Bongo do not suck. Nope, instead they sound and feel wonderful. Now I just need to make certain I know the exact set that came on my Bongo so I can order more.

These should be the ones? Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Bass 5 & 6 Strings | Ernie Ball

I'm still tempted to PM Big Poppa!
    Chuck, as awesome as the OEM strings are that shipped on the bass....just once, try these. I think you will be completely blown away by the feel and incredible sound you get...

Slinky Cobalt Electric Bass Strings | Ernie Ball

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    Chuck, as awesome as the OEM strings are that shipped on the bass....just once, try these. I think you will be completely blown away by the feel and incredible sound you get...

Slinky Cobalt Electric Bass Strings | Ernie Ball

I don't see a 6 string set. Am I missing something? I'd like to try them but need that C string!

User Info Menu

I know John Myung uses these exclusively so there has to be a set....

User Info Menu

Great news that there is a 6 string set. I've looked online and have yet to find them. I just need a set number and will look for them.

This Bongo has really opened some new doors in my thinking. Did I tell you I love it?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That is the Slinky set...not the Slinky Cobalt set.

User Info Menu

I thought you wanted the OEM factory shipped strings on the bass. I like coated slinky's on my bongo and cobalt's on my sterling. They both last longer than regular slinky's