Ready to Roar
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 short scale stingray bass

User Info Menu

2019 short scale stingray bass

2019 short scale stingray bass-shortscale-png

2019 SHORT SCALE STINGRAY BASS

LIMITED

The Ernie Ball Music Man Short Scale StingRay Special is a passive bass offering a big thumpy round sound in a convenient smaller package. The 30″ scale length allows for easier playability due to the shorter spacing between the frets. The body is made from ash, and the neck is constructed from hard rock maple with choice of maple or rosewood fingerboard. The Ernie Ball Music Man humbucking pickup has been specially designed for the short scale bass with higher output neodymium magnets, providing a warm signature tone. Electronics package includes a 3-way rotary switch featuring parallel, true single coil, and series modes. All three pickup selections can be augmented by a passive bass boost found by engaging a push volume pot. Like its big brother the Stingray Special, the short scale bass comes standard with a modern classic bridge, 22 stainless steel frets, and new lightweight Music Man tuning machines. Available in 2 finish options. Available September 2019 worldwide.

This looks very interesting. I'll have to wait until September, but this will likely be an instant purchase when I see one in the wild.

User Info Menu

Definitely interested in this. I would love to see the full specs, though. What's the nut width?

2018 Bongo 5 HH Barolo
    2016 Caprice Heritage Tobacco
    2007 Sterling 4 HS Dargie Delight
    2013 Sterling 4 HH Sapphire Black
    2014 Sterling 5 HH Vintage Sunburst

2016 Cutlass SSS Ivory White
    2011 Silhouette HSH Candy Apple Red
    2011 Silhouette HSH Vintage Sunburst
    2016 Valentine Trans Buttermilk

User Info Menu

How is a passive Bass Boost possible?

User Info Menu

Some places are reporting that only 100 will be made. Not sure if that's in total or 100 of each color.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    How is a passive Bass Boost possible?
    In the sense of adding gain...it's not possible on a purely passive instrument.
    I suspect it's creating an emphasis on the bass frequencies by cutting other frequencies. :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cybersnyder View Post
    Some places are reporting that only 100 will be made. Not sure if that's in total or 100 of each color.
    Right now the plan is 50/50.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Correct, it's a cut in the down position & no-holds-barred in the up position!

These basses are incredibly light and were a joy to handle.

I've got a few on order....
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Are there any options with the fretboard as I would go for the burgundy but would like it with a Maple fretboard rather than the Rosewood?

User Info Menu

Any word on street price for these?

2018 Bongo 5 HH Barolo
    2016 Caprice Heritage Tobacco
    2007 Sterling 4 HS Dargie Delight
    2013 Sterling 4 HH Sapphire Black
    2014 Sterling 5 HH Vintage Sunburst

2016 Cutlass SSS Ivory White
    2011 Silhouette HSH Candy Apple Red
    2011 Silhouette HSH Vintage Sunburst
    2016 Valentine Trans Buttermilk

User Info Menu

Since the number is so limited, is this going to be a BFR or just a special run?

User Info Menu

There seems to be a lot of short scale basses about at present.
    Short scale stingray. Would never of thought of that

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Are there any options with the fretboard as I would go for the burgundy but would like it with a Maple fretboard rather than the Rosewood?
    The fretboards are paired with the body color on these, no option to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugenhagen View Post
    Any word on street price for these?
    $1999 street

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    Since the number is so limited, is this going to be a BFR or just a special run?
    It's a special run on display in the BFR room and main show floor.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

This is sort of my baby Im knocked out by it and so are the palyers who got a preview
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This is sort of my baby Im knocked out by it and so are the palyers who got a preview
    I hope it is not just going to be a limited run, as I think these will sell well. Short scales are are getting a lot of interest at the moment, and to have a short scale Passive Stingray is something that will do well. A lot of Bassists will be interested in the the short scale and a lot will be interested in being able to finally get hold of a Passive Stingray model. It is a sure fire winner.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I hope it is not just going to be a limited run, as I think these will sell well. Short scales are are getting a lot of interest at the moment, and to have a short scale Passive Stingray is something that will do well. A lot of Bassists will be interested in the the short scale and a lot will be interested in being able to finally get hold of a Passive Stingray model. It is a sure fire winner.
    Might be like the Old Smoothie. First year it was the 40th Anniversary special edition. But I guess it did well enough that became part of the regular line up after the initial run.