BFR June

Thread: Joe Dart Signature Bass

User Info Menu

Joe Dart Signature Bass

Words can't even describe how stoked I am for this!!! Has EBMM ever done a signature bass before or will this be the first?

User Info Menu

Now to engage in a little fun speculation about that one knob. I think the bass is utilizing a buffer preamp with a passive tone control. Which I've always thought is a fabulous idea :-)

P.S.
    I also noticed that the bass is employing the "Modern Classic" bridge like the Cutlass,Caprice, and Stingray Special. However, unlike those basses it does not appear to utilize the same body contouring. The contouring is reminicent of last years Stingray/Sterling models.
    Last edited by GregP; 02-02-2019 at 01:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Doing some research on the Reddit forums(huge truckload of salt here, people) and it appears the knob is a single volume knob. Which makes sense because it doesn't appear to be concentric. The headstock says Sterling so it's a good assumption it's a Sterling neck. The body also looks like a Sterling without a pickguard...this would explain the lack of the modern classic's body contouring.

Can't find any info on the pickup yet ;-)

User Info Menu

Sometimes the headstock says: Joe Dart
    Joe Dart Signature Bass-50560321_136648307360704_201956694574639471_n-jpg

source: Instagram Post by markbassgermany - Deskgram
    1979 StingRay natural maple

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Sometimes the headstock says: Joe Dart
    Joe Dart Signature Bass-50560321_136648307360704_201956694574639471_n-jpg

source: Instagram Post by markbassgermany - Deskgram
    The plot thickens :-)
    According to Music Man's latest blog post "The sleek new bass will be coming to market in the coming months of 2019.".

We will know the details soon enough :-)

User Info Menu

The look for the bass does not do it for me. First MM bass do not have gas for out of the gate.

But as they say, can't judge a book by its cover. May change if the bass is produced and I get to try one out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    The look for the bass does not do it for me. First MM bass do not have gas for out of the gate.

But as they say, can't judge a book by its cover. May change if the bass is produced and I get to try one out.
    To each his own. :-)
    I really like the minimalist natural look especially with no pickguard. although I wouldn't be adverse to seeing it offered in starry night :-)

User Info Menu

It's a signature look, for sure. I think it looks sweet.