EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Caprice Specs question

User Info Menu

Caprice Specs question

howdy - I'm considering purchasing a Caprice bass but the site I'm looking at lists the nut width as: "Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3mm)"

Isn't that the spec for the Cutlass? I'm interested in the more narrow width neck so hoping this is a typo.

Did EBMM make a Caprice with this spec?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miseria View Post
    howdy - I'm considering purchasing a Caprice bass but the site I'm looking at lists the nut width as: "Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3mm)"

Isn't that the spec for the Cutlass? I'm interested in the more narrow width neck so hoping this is a typo.

Thanks!
    Caprice Bass | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man
    Caprice: 38,1 mm
    Cutlass: 41,3 mm
    Caprice Specs question-bildschirmfoto-2019-04-14-um-22-35-31-jpg
    1979 StingRay natural maple

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miseria View Post

Thanks!
    I remember reading on TB the necks are interchangeable and some folks have swapped necks on their instruments. So could be a swapped neck on the bass.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Hi Miseria, Good catch! The Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice comes from the factory with a 1.5" nut width. There was never another option for the Caprice neck. Which site was it so we can follow-up to update the info? Also, enjoy that new Caprice!