BFR June
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bongo 5 HH coming to me. It is Jack's fault!

User Info Menu

I looked up the serial number. It was built in March of 2017 and the color is called Barolo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
    I looked up the serial number. It was built in March of 2017 and the color is called Barolo.
    Well, I was close. I called it something else vaguely like "Barolo". I have trinkets and beads to trade if you can't handle the sparkle!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sparkle? I can't see it when I am playing the bass with my eyes closed.

Who knows? The sparkle purple may be why it sounds so good....well....the gloss black 6 sounds almost the same so I have decided that sparkles only belong on Jack's basses and in the hair of adolescent girls on their way to the prom.

Oh wait, if you love sparkle finishes (whoever you may be) may you be blessed with a sparkly Bongo.
    Last edited by Chuck M; 06-21-2019 at 08:04 AM.

User Info Menu

Love that finish with black hardware and nut. Matching peghead would push it over the top. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Is it this color and bass? The pics you loaded aren't showing up for me. 🧐

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    Is it this color and bass? The pics you loaded aren't showing up for me. ��

It is that same model but not that exact bass. The neck on my bass is bird's eye maple rather than flame although there is some flame in it also. Purple, ain't it?

User Info Menu

Well suweet!!!! I wish I could see the neck pics. This was my very first EBMM bass. The rabbit hole opened quickly for me after that. I ended up selling all my other basses and making a small collection rather quickly.

Stingray classic, 30th Anniv. Stingray 5, Caprice and Cutlass.

Love them all!!!

User Info Menu

Brash47, that’s one killer looking bass !
    Not jealous much !

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That’s a sweet bass Chuck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    That’s a sweet bass Chuck.
    Yeah, Scott, I love it but still usually reach for the shiny black Bongo 6. I've been playing 6's so long I really miss that C string when I play a 5. The beautiful figured neck and fairly low price convinced me to by the 5.

It is a great bass and has this wonderful snarly voice that inspires me to play. Yesterday, thanks to Youtube, I played along with CCR, George Benson, Miles Davis and Sade. What a great bass it is. I am very grateful to the team at Ernie Ball for producing the Bongo.

Yes, I still am tempted to PM Big Poppa....but something is holding me back. Do I need counseling? Well it just happens that my daughter is a clinical psychologist and I am having lunch with her today. She will no doubt giggle when I tell her my "problem". She has known me all her life, you see?

User Info Menu

Finally got around to putting a new set of strings on the Bongo 5. I used Slinky's. Ever heard of them? LOL It is difficult to imagine but it sounds even better with the proper Ernie Ball strings on it. What a fantastic bass it is. It is, however, purple.