Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Can I Still Get A Fretless 4H Stingray?

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Can I Still Get A Fretless 4H Stingray?

    Hello Everyone!

    I've been playing a Godin A4 fretless for ages now. My issue is that it's a semi hollow body and can feed back at stage volumes when I add a bit of dirt. I've got a thing for single pickup guitars, hence my draw to the Stringray (I havn't played a fretless MM, but I have played a bunch of their guitars are they are so of the best on the market). I was shopping last year and the site allowed me to select fretless for any config as well as a large variety of colours. This year however, I can't find the fretless options on the website. I can only find them if I search through Google (perhaps an old page???). I'm assuming fretless is still an option for the SR model, but I'm curious if it's become "special order only", or if I'm just looking on the wrong page.

    I'm leaning towards a fretless SR 4H in dropped copper.

    Thanks and have a remain joyful!

  2. #2
    Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Hi Boy_Narf,
    Unfortunately, we are no longer offering a fretless option on our Stingray Classic basses. Our Stingray Special basses were introduced in 2018 and never had the option for fretless. There is always a possibility of offering them again in the future. Keep an eye on our social media channels for any new product releases.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Wow I did not expect to hear that. Are you folks offering any fretless models at this time?

  4. #4
    Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Narf View Post
    Wow I did not expect to hear that. Are you folks offering any fretless models at this time?
    Unfortunately, no, not at this time.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Narf View Post
    Hello Everyone!

    I've been playing a Godin A4 fretless for ages now. My issue is that it's a semi hollow body and can feed back at stage volumes when I add a bit of dirt. I've got a thing for single pickup guitars, hence my draw to the Stringray (I havn't played a fretless MM, but I have played a bunch of their guitars are they are so of the best on the market). I was shopping last year and the site allowed me to select fretless for any config as well as a large variety of colours. This year however, I can't find the fretless options on the website. I can only find them if I search through Google (perhaps an old page???). I'm assuming fretless is still an option for the SR model, but I'm curious if it's become "special order only", or if I'm just looking on the wrong page.

    I'm leaning towards a fretless SR 4H in dropped copper.

    Thanks and have a remain joyful!
    Check Reverb, Ebay, etc. They do show up from time to time.

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    There is a 4h sunburst stingray fretless on reverb right now, it's gorgeous.

    Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst | Reverb

    There is also a 4h sunburst sterling fretless its equally gorgeous.

    Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching Headstock Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching | Reverb


    Jump quick bro!!!!

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Narf View Post
    Wow I did not expect to hear that. Are you folks offering any fretless models at this time?
    Hi Boy_Narf,
    I have good news for you! I just received word that a BFR fretless will be released in October! Keep an eye on the all of our social media channels for more news! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    There is a 4h sunburst stingray fretless on reverb right now, it's gorgeous.

    Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst | Reverb

    There is also a 4h sunburst sterling fretless its equally gorgeous.

    Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching Headstock Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching | Reverb


    Jump quick bro!!!!

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The unlined one is already gone, someone may have taken your advice, or may have to wait until October.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Boy_Narf,
    I have good news for you! I just received word that a BFR fretless will be released in October! Keep an eye on the all of our social media channels for more news! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com
    Hope it is unlined! looking forward to checking it out.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Boy_Narf,
    I have good news for you! I just received word that a BFR fretless will be released in October! Keep an eye on the all of our social media channels for more news! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com
    Please think about adding (bring back) a piezo option for that run!
    2014 PDN SR4Hp SLO - NEPTUNE BLUE

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricMatthew View Post
    Please think about adding (bring back) a piezo option for that run!
    THAT would be AWESOME!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums