BFR October 2019

Thread: In praise of my Stingray 5 HH Special

User Info Menu

In praise of my Stingray 5 HH Special

I used my SR5HH Special last night for a medium sized gig with FOH support and in ears. This gig was with my 7 pc country band and I have to say that this bass set totally centered and flat is my perfect bass. It plays and sounds amazing. Iíve had a lot of Basses.... Iím talking A LOT of Basses and this beauty might be the closest thing Iíve ever found to the to the absolute perfect bass for me.

Tomorrow will be my biggest show on a long time on a large stage in front of hundreds of people if not more and Iím so looking forward to playing this bass again. Now I just need a SR5 H Special.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by armybass View Post
    I used my SR5HH Special last night for a medium sized gig with FOH support and in ears. This gig was with my 7 pc country band and I have to say that this bass set totally centered and flat is my perfect bass. It plays and sounds amazing. I’ve had a lot of Basses.... I’m talking A LOT of Basses and this beauty might be the closest thing I’ve ever found to the to the absolute perfect bass for me.

Tomorrow will be my biggest show on a long time on a large stage in front of hundreds of people if not more and I’m so looking forward to playing this bass again. Now I just need a SR5 H Special.
    Glad to hear you're happy with that 5HH!

And you know I hate to be an enabler (hah), but I agree that you need the 5H special. This aqua sparkle beast is amazing. I haven't touched my other basses since it arrived.

Okay, I did record a country version of "Smoke on the Water" with a Bongo 5HH, but that's to be expected.

All my live gigs have been the 5H and I remain amazed.