VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dream Bongo, just for fun

User Info Menu

Just a curious question, is the bongo bodyshape patented or registered as a trademark? I've been thinking about just building a new Body for my Bongo and at least try the 3Bucker + Singlecoil. But i obviously don't wanna start to mill large Pickup cavities into my orignal Bongo.
    Would be a cool Project if you could get a cheap used Bongo, but even new ones are fairly rare in europe...
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Just for testing and, my favorite phrase, just for fun I don’t think it matters. As long as you don’t try to sell it that way...but even then it’s not new. I should have been a lawyer. Hahaha

User Info Menu

i won't ever sell my bongo. i just wanna make a prototype and find out how it sounds

User Info Menu

Do it! All of us would love to see/hear it. What would you use as your "triblebucker"?
    Last edited by Samoht; 09-03-2019 at 12:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
    Do it! All of us would love to see/hear it. What would you use as your "triblebucker"?
    that's what i've been thinking about the whole day i don't know.
    Bongo Pickups aren't available to just buy, like any other pickup. guess i'll still have to get a used bongo 5hh and mod it

User Info Menu

Have you ever made any instruments before? Or bodies? I wanted to build a SR5 body to replace my heavy stock body, but it sounds so good now I gave up on that venture. I would think that producing a Bongo body would be very difficult.

The pickup venture seems even harder...even with unlimited funds. Maybe I’m over complicating. I’m pulling for you though, Dave.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
    Have you ever made any instruments before? Or bodies? I wanted to build a SR5 body to replace my heavy stock body, but it sounds so good now I gave up on that venture. I would think that producing a Bongo body would be very difficult.

The pickup venture seems even harder...even with unlimited funds. Maybe I’m over complicating. I’m pulling for you though, Dave.
    I've built 7 Guitars and 2 Basses so far. Two of the Guitars were even Neck Thru's. So i got all the Tools and stuff i need for that. The only way i see for the electronics is to either get a used bongo (preferably one with an unfinished neck) and mod it with a new body, or try to get custom wound pickups, which might get quite expensive aswell, especially getting them to the right specs

User Info Menu

Short scale. Through neck.

User Info Menu

I have a giu who custom builds basses and guitars Area 51 guitars. Worked for Peavy for 10 yrs helped design the EVH Wolfgang guitar. Worked on zack wild axe. Many others legit does in kentucky! He can put all them.bells and whistles on for you

User Info Menu

6 string on 5 string neck like John Myung’s custom basses; Arctic Dream finish; stealth hardware; single H configuration with 4-band EQ and push-push volume knob to switch series/parallel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I've built 7 Guitars and 2 Basses so far. Two of the Guitars were even Neck Thru's. So i got all the Tools and stuff i need for that. The only way i see for the electronics is to either get a used bongo (preferably one with an unfinished neck) and mod it with a new body, or try to get custom wound pickups, which might get quite expensive aswell, especially getting them to the right specs
    If you are handy enough to build a through neck (no easy task) build one from scratch. Unless you’re lucky enough to come across random original parts for sale used consider after market?

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/