Mariposa Green
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: New Short Scale Stingray announced

  1. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
    This is a passive bass?
    Yes.

  2. #17

    User Info Menu

    Passive, but the default down position of the volume pot is limited, and the up position boost is the full output. Pretty cool. Would love for pertybass to get hold of one of these and demo it.

  3. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Typo maybe?

    Never had a 30in short scale bass, got a 32 acoustic. Just not something that’s ever been on my radar. Be nice to check one out before I pass judgment though
    The only things i like playing nearly as much as my Music Man basses are my 32" scale Kubickis. A 32" Stingray would be very interesting. But yeah, i'd love to try out one of these new 30's, they look super cool.
    93 SR 5 H fl trans teal
    90 SR 5 H fretted* trans red (orig. lined fl)
    07 SR 5 HH Dargie I
    07 SR 5 Hp fl black/whi
    08 SR 4 HH BFR Redwood
    09 SR 5 H Dargie II
    09 25th Anniversary 5 HSS
    09 Reflex 5 Rosewood
    10 Reflex 5 Lamborghini orange burst
    04 Bongo 5 HHp Sapphire
    06 Bongo 5 Hp Egyptian smoke
    14 Bongo 5 HSp fl Cardinal red sparkle
    17 Bongo 6 HS fl Starry Night, roasted
    12 Sterling 5 HS PDN honeyburst
    14 Sterling 5 HH Pacific blue-burst
    70s EB Earthwood bass
    72 EB Earthwood guitar

  4. #19

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Murphy View Post
    The only things i like playing nearly as much as my Music Man basses are my 32" scale Kubickis. A 32" Stingray would be very interesting. But yeah, i'd love to try out one of these new 30's, they look super cool.
    I’d love to check one out if they ever find their way to the UK (PMT, Guitar Guitar ?).

    The 32in scale works great on my acoustic (Warwick Alien) it just gives it a little extra punch than any 34 acoustic I have tried. Bit of a nightmare finding string for it. It’s got flats on it now, only bass that has.

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  5. #20

    User Info Menu

    yes passive....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

    Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

  6. #21

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    yes passive....
    Novel idea of the volume knob default and boost. Love the rotary selector and passive tone. Hope this is a huge hit and mainstay!

  7. #22

    User Info Menu

    I love mine. Plays like a dream and has a very focused, punchy, and clear Stingray tone. Having the tone pot and coil switching is wonderful. I've been playing mostly short scale basses for the past few years. It's great to be able to get back into a Stingray now. I've really missed that tight, punchy, percussive tone. Many short scale basses are sort of muddy, tubby, and bland, but NOT this bass! Thank you, EBMM, for producing this baby... best sounding and playing short scale bass out there. It's a real class act all the way around.

  8. #23

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
    I love mine. Plays like a dream and has a very focused, punchy, and clear Stingray tone. Having the tone pot and coil switching is wonderful. I've been playing mostly short scale basses for the past few years. It's great to be able to get back into a Stingray now. I've really missed that tight, punchy, percussive tone. Many short scale basses are sort of muddy, tubby, and bland, but NOT this bass! Thank you, EBMM, for producing this baby... best sounding and playing short scale bass out there. It's a real class act all the way around.
    Awesome! You’re making me want one more than I already do.

  9. #24

    User Info Menu

    I’ve been checking these with Sweetwater and today I find that the Short Scale Stingray has vanished from the Sweetwater site. I believe they had 2 or 3 of the blue ones yesterday. Usually when they sell out of on-hand inventory the item is still listed on the site.

  10. #25
    Daniel's Avatar
    Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
    I’ve been checking these with Sweetwater and today I find that the Short Scale Stingray has vanished from the Sweetwater site. I believe they had 2 or 3 of the blue ones yesterday. Usually when they sell out of on-hand inventory the item is still listed on the site.
    Hi Samoht,
    Sweetwater is out of stock, however if you check our website you will find that some of our other dealers still have them in stock. Check out the Short Scale Bass website and dealer links here: Short Scale StingRay Bass | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man

  11. #26

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Samoht,
    Sweetwater is out of stock, however if you check our website you will find that some of our other dealers still have them in stock. Check out the Short Scale Bass website and dealer links here: Short Scale StingRay Bass | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man
    Thanks Daniel!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums