The Vault

Thread: Selling Stealth Bongo Parts

User Info Menu

Selling Stealth Black Bongo Hardware - Pickups - Neck - Case - Body - Preamp - Tuners

I am considering taking apart a Bongo 5 HH stealth black and selling it for parts because there are none available anywhere and I haven't gotten any compelling local offers on the instrument as a whole. Putting out a feeler to see if there is any demand before ripping it apart/accepting firm offers etc. Shoot me an email to maxklein40@gmail.com if you are interested in any parts/case including black poled 5 string pickups, the neck w/ebony board and matte black finish, body, tuners etc. all from a from a 2016 Musicman Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black Cereal Number F46421. I have photos, cereal number, and its all original EBMM stuff (to add legitimacy you can go to my profile>view latest posts>pg. 4> oldest post to see my cereal number lookup from 01-29-2018 when I joined the forum).

If this post violates any sort of company policy or forum rules please let me know and I'll remove it. I looked through the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting selling parts but apologize if I missed anything.
    Last edited by MaxKlein40; 09-24-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Phrasing
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    SBMM SUB 4 Custom: Space Bass Refinish Aguilar OBP 3TK PP pre, Nordstrand pup, and GK3B Divided pup
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

4 string bass>Roland GR 55 synth>EHX 95000 Performance Looper = endless entertainment

User Info Menu

Just ship it somewhere. As a poster here you should be well aware that almost all people who will buy a bongo aren't going to want to put one together from parts.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    As a poster here you should be well aware that almost all people who will buy a bongo aren't going to want to put one together from parts.
    Mostly posting this to gauge interest due to the "where to buy stealth hardware", "where to buy MM pickups", "where to buy a replacement neck" threads that pop up here.
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    SBMM SUB 4 Custom: Space Bass Refinish Aguilar OBP 3TK PP pre, Nordstrand pup, and GK3B Divided pup
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

4 string bass>Roland GR 55 synth>EHX 95000 Performance Looper = endless entertainment

User Info Menu

Butcher !!!
    May your crotch be infested with a Thousand fleas and your arms be to short to scratch!!!!

But seriously, people do this to vintage guitars because vintage parts don’t exist apart from chop shop butchers
    2016 Bongo. Give it a chance at life , if it gets broken accidentally then chop it for parts but as it stands..... nooooooo !

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKlein40 View Post
    Mostly posting this to gauge interest due to the "where to buy stealth hardware", "where to buy MM pickups", "where to buy a replacement neck" threads that pop up here.
    But, you rarely see people looking for Bongo Electronics, Bongo Bodies, etc. You might find someone looking for a neck, but I suspect you'll be left with most of a Bongo, not all, which then you'll have to sell for quite a bit less.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

If it were me, I'd put it on Reverb or bite the bullet and pay for a TalkBass membership so you can use the classifieds there. I mean, it's your bass, I'm not going to tell you what you SHOULD do with your own instrument, but I have had exceptionally good luck with both of those sites when I want to sell something.

Jack

User Info Menu

Im interested in the electronics pickups and hardware. Pm me please.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    If it were me, I'd put it on Reverb or bite the bullet and pay for a TalkBass membership so you can use the classifieds there. I mean, it's your bass, I'm not going to tell you what you SHOULD do with your own instrument, but I have had exceptionally good luck with both of those sites when I want to sell something.

Jack
    +1 on this. You are hugely limiting your audience of potential buyers by insisting on a local sale. I have sold a bunch of basses through TB over the years, and shipping has never been an issue. Even with today's inflated shipping costs, insured shipping shouldn't be more than a hundred bucks. You will take a much bigger financial hit trying to part it out.

1998 Sterling 4H honeyburst lined fretless
    2006 30th Anniversary Stingray
    2014 Bongo 4HSp neptune blue w/roasted maple neck
    2014 Big Al 4SSS inca silver w/full rosewood neck