Everlast

Thread: Status graphite 5 necks

User Info Menu

Status graphite 5 necks

Have a couple of rays, 20th sr5, 30th sr4. Saw the bfr sr 5 hh with blocks. Want one with stealth black look with graphite neck so im asking for opinions on the status necks. I know the namm 100 bass had one and they look well made but want peoples personal experience with them. Also want it to be single piece mahogany body so i may buy a ray 5 hh and make a new body and put the neck on.
    Have not decided yet.
    Last edited by Garmenteros; 10-10-2019 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typos

User Info Menu

The Status necks are top quality, just be sure to follow the guidelines about drilling them.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

Never even seen one up close so definitely never played one but I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.
    What are the advantages to them ? And how much does it change the tone of the bass being carbon fibre ? I can imagine they are solid with no or not much room adjustment

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

I decided to buy one. Lets see how long till I Find a donor body to get electronics and bridge out of. Tuners for these and my anniversary rays are schallers?

User Info Menu

I have a Status fretless neck that I put on a USA SUB Ray.
    The neck is very stable and it has made the tone of the bass more focussed -definitely and improvement.
    Just be careful and take your time when you drill the holes for the neck -which is not that difficult.