Strap Blocks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volume cutting with StingRay Special

User Info Menu

Fair enough, I just meant that since you haven't actually located the problem, an experienced shop tech might recognize the issue, but I guess since you alerted the seller you've done just that.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by strummer View Post
    Fair enough, I just meant that since you haven't actually located the problem, an experienced shop tech might recognize the issue, but I guess since you alerted the seller you've done just that.
    I'm a humble person and I don't like to overrate my tech skills at all, but I'm pretty sure that if I struggle to locate a problem, most of the repair shops wouldn't do much more than I did until now, and probably close the case saying that "the bass works ok". Because it works, now.
    Both the shop and EBMM has been alerted, let's play this thing as much as possible and see what happens!
    I love Red Paint.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrMatthewCross View Post
    If the problem was just a stupid loose input jack, which I easily fixed in 5 minutes, there is nothing to worry about. If it's not, the problem will shop up again for sure, and I'll see what to do.
    Like I said, the bass is new, looks new, and doesn't show any kind of internal or external damage. I would take ANY instrument back to the seller/shop for all kind of big problems, and I don't think this is the case, at least for now.
    Now that the bass is working, if I take it to the shop, what do you expect to hear from them?
    "Hey, we tested your bass and it's fine! Nothing to worry about."
    I'll contact both the shop and EBMM if the problem appears again and ask to fix the bass of course.
    Thanks.

EDIT: In the meanwhile I informed the seller about the problem and he's contacting EBMM. I'm sure everything will be solved.
    Hi Matt, shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and I'll help you out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Matt, shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and I'll help you out.
    Sure.
    Anyway... I've talked with the shop where I bought the bass and they offered me a free full check, so I accepted. We don't have EBMM here, so the bass will be shipped to the italian distributor (Eko music group) which will take care of everything and send it back asap. I hope to have it back soon, I love that bass and I play it every day.
    I hope you can propose a better solution?
    Last edited by DrMatthewCross; 11-13-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    I love Red Paint.