Straps 2020

Thread: A little road trip/gig

User Info Menu

A little road trip/gig

I almost never get to play electric bass. I gig all the time on upright bass and my rather large collection of electric basses stays at home.

I got called to play a gig tomorrow night in Laredo. The music will be a mix of pop, jazz standards and soul music. I was playing several of my basses and considering which one would go to the gig. I decided this morning that my Bongo 5 will be the one. It does everything right and plays and sounds great. So, conservative Chuck will be playing a sparkly purple Bongo tomorrow in Laredo just a few miles from Mexico.

Do I hear an Ole?

A little road trip/gig-img-3385-jpg

A little road trip/gig-img-3387-jpg

User Info Menu

Ole! Tear it up!

User Info Menu

Olé.
    Also, now are those new Bongos compared to the "old", you know 2003-2007:ish?
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

Sparkly purple Bongo in the Texas south...? Olé indeed!

Sounds like a lot of fun-- Enjoy

User Info Menu

Predictably, I'm tickled.

User Info Menu

Love it !

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

I played the Bongo through my favorite amplification....a Pair of Aguilar GS 112's powered by an Aguilar AG 700. The Bongo has TI Flats....someone else I know loves them like I do. The tone was absolutely to die for or more like TO DIE FOR!!!!!

What a fantastic bass. I had a ball playing my "grape" Bongo and made great money doing it.