VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stingray 5 HH input jack

User Info Menu

Stingray 5 HH input jack

Is there anywhere I can buy this part internationally. Unfortunately, musicman only ships to US address. Have emailed their customer service, got a few replies then they just went silent. Its just frustrating that such a small and cheap part is so difficult to buy. Hope they consider us international owners when selling their parts

User Info Menu

Did you try contacting the EBMM dealer in your country?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I've had the same experience. I wanted to buy some shims, so I contacted EBMM. The told me to ask to Eko (italian distributor), because they can't sell directly to me. Eko told me to ask to a local EBMM authorized seller, and the seller told me to ask to EBMM, again.
    Long story short, I took the bass to a luthier who made and installed a shim.
    Not very good experience, to be honest.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

I did went to our local dealer first but they were just pushing the blame on my cables instead. I contacted EBMM and got two replies and they just went quiet. I think in the future, EBMM international owners should be wary of this issue. How much is the input jack, 4 USD, a simple fix and yet makes an expensive instrument unusable

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrMatthewCross View Post
    I've had the same experience. I wanted to buy some shims, so I contacted EBMM. The told me to ask to Eko (italian distributor), because they can't sell directly to me. Eko told me to ask to a local EBMM authorized seller, and the seller told me to ask to EBMM, again.
    Long story short, I took the bass to a luthier who made and installed a shim.
    Not very good experience, to be honest.
    From where I am, I dont think anyone can customise or repair that input jack. This situation sucks, and the slow response from EBMM makes it worse.

User Info Menu

They will reply, don't worry. I don't know if/how they will help you though.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

Might, in fact, be an issue with the cable you use - some brands actually cause a loss of contact in the jack socket due to width and I've had this problem myself. Easy fix.
    20th Anniversary SR5 HH "California Sunset" born 5/10/2007
    SR H "Redwood" born 8/6/2008
    SR5 HS "Dargie Delight" born 2/28/2007
    SR5 Classic "Vintage White" born 5/17/2010
    SUB5 "Graphite" born 4/1/2005
    SR5 H LF "Black" born 4/1/2003
    SR H "Orange Firemist" born 1/28/2009
    SUB1 H "Graphite" born 1/27/2005
    GK Fusion 550 & Neo 212 II
    GK MB150E & MBX
    GK MB112 II & 112MBP

User Info Menu

Isn't it just a pretty standard flush mount stereo barrel jack???
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I understand the frustration vented in this thread, but it is totally unfair to blame EBMM USA if the importers and shops in your countries do not do their jobs (at least in the short run. In the long run I guess EBMM won't be satisfied with importers not doing their jobs, but that's a different story...)
    I have gotten help from swedish shops, and also once from the swedish importer (when the shop couldn't help me). Just don't let them give you the runaround.
    Regarding the issue with the input jack I am completely lost. Afaik it's standard type jack, available in every guitar shop, certainly not an EBMM exclusive.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

I respectfully disagree.
    It's 100% EBMM responsibility to choose reliable importers/distributors etc. Period.
    If they do care about customers, they should listen to them and act accordingly.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noClue View Post
    From where I am, I dont think anyone can customise or repair that input jack. This situation sucks, and the slow response from EBMM makes it worse.
    Where are you from?
    Search and contact here:
    International Dealers | Ernie Ball

User Info Menu

He's clearly not from the US, so I don't think it matters that much because they don't ship outside the US.
    We must contact local distributors to get replacements parts and repairs, which can be a problem. I'm pretty sure EBMM knows that very well.
    In my own experience with this, If you want to purchase an expensive part, the local distributor can add your item to the order list and you must wait until they place the order, which usually includes many items for different people, not just yours. Sometimes they're quick, sometime's they're not and you can do nothing to speed up the process.
    If you want to purchase a very inexpensive item (shims, knobs, small parts etc.) the "passing the buck" game is pretty common, because they don't have any interest in selling that item(s) to you.
    About repairs, it can be a real PITA depending on where you live, because of bureucracy, shipping times, and many other factors (including risks of damage).
    I have a brand new StingRay Special in repair and, as much as I'm sure I can count on EBMM guys and they're managing the situation well, two months has passed and I'm still waiting for my bass.
    I'm not in a hurry, but outside of the US is a complete different story and we all know that.
    Last edited by DrMatthewCross; 01-10-2020 at 04:25 AM.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noClue View Post
    I did went to our local dealer first but they were just pushing the blame on my cables instead. I contacted EBMM and got two replies and they just went quiet. I think in the future, EBMM international owners should be wary of this issue. How much is the input jack, 4 USD, a simple fix and yet makes an expensive instrument unusable
    Hi noClue. I'll send you one gratis.

Email me your address:

HERE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrMatthewCross View Post
    I respectfully disagree.
    It's 100% EBMM responsibility to choose reliable importers/distributors etc. Period.
    If they do care about customers, they should listen to them and act accordingly.
    Well, yes, thats what I meant with the long run, regarding maybe switching importer or more likely take the servicemindedness up with them.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

Yes, I agree.
    I love Red Paint.