New banner

Thread: MM SR5 rev d preamp.

User Info Menu

MM SR5 rev d preamp.

Hello everyone, I bought mm sr5 rev d preamp with 3 way switch, and I want to install this to my bass. Bass is not MM its custom built fretless 5 string bass, I have 2 passive humbackers there. Can someone help me to understand where I should connect pickups? Or maybe someone have schematics of preamp and pickups of mm.

User Info Menu

The SR5 Preamp with a 3 way switch is for a single pickup bass. The preamp board is also itself usually involved somewhat in the pickup wiring, so I don't know whether you can use that preamp with your bass.

Also, I hate to say it, but I don't think EBMM is going to provide you with schematics of their preamps, especially if you are installing it in a non EBMM bass. They usually don't give out schematics even if you are using it in an EBMM bass.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Have a look at Gav:s site - SR4 PUPs and Preamps Pre-EB & EB (Part 1)
    I don't know if that exact preamp is there (but as tbone said three way means one pickup) but you'll quickly get the general idean and should be able to wotk it you by inspecting your preamp.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.