BFR Feb 2020

Thread: Stingray Special wiring question

User Info Menu

Stingray Special wiring question

I have a new Stingray Special coming next week I can't wait to get my hands on. That said, I'm also an insufferable tinkerer and was thinking about ways I could do somethings like switch between series and parallel or just split the coil.

Does anyone know if the 4 string model comes with a 4 wire pickup? I sent an email to to EBMM but haven't gotten a response yet.

Just being anxious and trying to occupy myself while I wait for new toys to arrive

User Info Menu

Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

Might be possible, but you also might need to ditch the electronics. From what I see in that link, it looks like the preamp module is the same for various models, however I don't know if you would be able to adapt the SR4 wiring to be like the SR5 wiring.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck